Ohio-Columbus

MOH question.

I was thinking the other night about who I would like to be my MOH. I hadn't planned on having one, but FI expressed his desire to have a best man and groomsmen. I don't have many friends that I am close enough to ask. I was thinking of having his 12 year old daughter be my MOH. Obviously, I wouldn't ask her to assume any of the "MOH responsibilities". I would just want her to stand with me. I am going to wait until later to discuss this with FI after he tells me who he wants as his BM. That will determine if I think that person would be ok with and to walk with her. And I have to ask her Mom. Just wanted to see if you ladies thought it would even be worth bringing up?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Erica & Justin
Parents of Ethan-4 Spencer-1 Peyton-3months
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: MOH question.

• edited December 2011
    I think it's very sweet and I think it would mean a lot to her (especially at that age) to be such a big part of your special day.
  • jnkreagerjnkreager member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that sounds absolutely wonderful.  It would really signify that she is not just your FH's daughter, but also a very important part of your life as well.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • AjoydAjoyd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PPs. I think it would be a really sweet gesture to make her such a significant part of your day. It will probably make her feel very grown up too :)
    Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. photo 455d4bc3-3623-4c16-8dd1-1fbc7e99e147.jpg BabyFruit Ticker My BFP Chart
  • edited December 2011
    Agreed, I think that is amazing to do and will bring you closer. 
  • edited December 2011
    I think it's very sweet, but are his best man and groomsmen going to be his adult friends/family or are his groomsmen going to also be children?  It could be awkward having one side of the bridal party (men) be adults, but having your side be a child.  I don't think there's anything wrong with the quantity of attendants not matching on each side, but the age differences could potentially be awkward.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Combs132Combs132 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that is sweet :) One of my best girlfriends grew up with a mom who lived with her boyfriend but never married. Well now that her mom/mom's Bf (basically her dad) are like 50, they finally are getting married and my friend gets to be the MOH even though her mom does have sisters, gf's etc.  What a sweet gesture :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think it is a GREAT idea! My friend just recently got married and her husband choose her 13 year old son to be his best man.  The rest of the bridal party was older, but it meant a lot to her to have her son be such a special part of their day!
  • edited December 2011
    I think it is a GREAT idea! My friend just recently got married and her husband choose her 13 year old son to be his best man.  The rest of the bridal party was older, but it meant a lot to her to have her son be such a special part of their day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards