Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Registering for dishes

This might be more of a personal preference thing but I'm just trying to decide what to do and thought some input would be helpful :)For your everyday dishes, did your register/purchase a set of 8, or a set of 12?  The set comes with a dinner plate, salad plate, soup bowl, and a coffee cup and plate. I could see needing 12 plates, but not really 12 coffee cups.  It is an option to do additional plates/other items separately.  Just curious what is a good number - Thanks!

Re: Registering for dishes

• Options
    periippaperiippa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I usually hear 8 sets. If you really wanted, you could add extra sets later! I don't know ANY brides who actually had all 8 sets fulfilled from their wedding -- most had to buy the rest themselves after the wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just got everyday dishes and the set was eiter 6 or 8.  I wish all the time we had more and am thinking about buying another set, but just want the plates.  I would go for 12 plates for sure!
  • Options
    periippaperiippa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh wait... I read that wrong :(  I thought you were talking about china. Hmmm... this is a good question! But I think you'd be fine to start with 8.
  • Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We registered for 12 of everything, but we did it all separately. So 12 plates, 12 bowls, 12 salad plates, etc, rather than 12 place settings. For those on a budget, it may be easier to get a few small things rather than an entire set, which is why we did it this way. I actually don't think we even registered for mugs just cuz we have a bunch of mismatched ones already...and those are more fun hehe. We DID register for 6 espresso mugs rather than 12, just cuz we know not everyone would want to drink espresso. So yeah...hope that helps!
  • Options
    jaramlerjaramler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing it at C&B, so they are available separately or in sets of 4.  So far I have two sets of four and then additional plates.  I was just trying to decide if instead of doing additional plates, if I should just do an additional set of 4 of everything. They are less expensive as a set than purchased individually so that is why I did it that way.  But I can see the benefits to doing it all individually as well.  Thanks for the input! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just registered for the sets and I got all 12 (with cups).   If I wouldn't have gotten all the sets, when I completed the registry I would have only gotten plates/bowls. For my china I registered for 13 sets.
  • Options
    emilyj77emilyj77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had to check my registry just now to remember what I did. We registered for 14 sets of china and 10 for everyday ware. However, the everyday ware is sold individually so we only registered for 4 coffee mugs. I figured 8 would be plenty but I'd like to have a few extra in case some get broken along the way, so that's why I did 10.I also saw that my Vera Wang champagne flutes have been purchased! So excited! I'm sure my mom bought them, but I'm still really excited!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that I dont think you would really need 12 coffee cups so you could prolly do less there.Do you have a dishwasher or do you wash by hand? My FI and I have found that when you handwash, the turn around is faster so you would not need as many, but with a dishwasher, they can pile up a bit more so I would go with 12 plates for sure.
  • Options
    LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had 3 sets of 4 settings fulfilled, making 12 of everything.
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards