Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

welcome bags

more than half of my guests are from out of town, and i was trying to think of some MN specific things to put in welcome bags that are relatively cheap. Some things I've thought of so far are to have a bottle of grain belt and maybe some wild rice.
Does anyone have any other suggestions?
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: welcome bags

• Options
    I'm trying to come up with similar ideas... I was going to put in some maps of downtown/Saint Anthony Main for sure (our reception is at Spill the Wine). Maybe round-trip light rail tickets to the Mall?  What about local candy, like Pearson's Salted Nut Rolls or Nut Goodie?  Depending on the time of year, you could do Honeycrisp apples.
  • Options
    ceh789ceh789 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2012
    Not sure what your budget is for welcome bags so this is a pretty hard question.  Also - I'm fairly St Paul centric so you'll need to look into Mpls equivalents if you're a West Suburbs gal :)  I have a few ideas though:

* Water.  A few bottles of it.  I always hit up a convenience store when I'm in a hotel.
    * Head to the MN History Museum gift shop and look around, most of their stuff is MN made.  
    * There's also a Made in MN store at the Mall of America (or is it Love from MN?  It's MN made stuff).
    * St Paul Farmer's market is open year round now (check out winter market info on their website: www.stpaulfarmersmarket.com ) and is a great source of locally made everything.  It could also be a fun Sat (or Sun?  not sure when your wedding is) morning activity if your guests if they're people watching/strolling type people.
    * A Garrison Keillor book or CD would be good.
    * Gift certificate for Grand Old Creamery with a map and a handwritten note explaining that Grand Av is a great street for window shopping, people watching and just a nice walk.
    * If they have kids - GC for MN Children's museum tickets.  If they'll be here for 3rd Sunday you could just give a brochure for Target Sundays (it's free every 3rd Sunday of the month).
    * A freebie - copy of City Pages with a post it on the the local events page and a hand written note highlighting a few items you'd recommend hitting if they have time.
    * Also free - print out a few events from http://www.facebook.com/mprarthounds -- it's a weekly piece on MPR where they get artists to recommend local art events.  I've found some really unusual and fun (and cheap) things to do there.
    * One last free idea - print out a copy of Trivia Mafia's schedule for the days they'll be in town:  http://www.triviamafia.com/  It's really fun - mostly targeted to hipster types, and it's most fun if you have a group of 5-6 people to be a team.
  • Options
    A quiz on MN facts MN inventions (affordable) A can of Spam A pair of Zubaz Bisquick Roll of Scotch tape Wheaties Betty Crocker stuff Obviously some are tongue and cheek. But I'd totally dig on the Zubaz and Spam! Local food products: Honey Jams/ preserves Candies (as mentioned) Apples
  • Options
    Anything Pearson's makes (nut rolls,etc.) are good too.  Old dutch chips are cheap.  Get some good maps and maybe  a list of activities going on around town for the weekend too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards