Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

E pics

I just received my engagement pics yesterday and overall I'm really disappointed in them. I'm not going to list everything here, but I will say that I expected more from them in terms of quality and amount of pictures. the problem is my FI really likes them. Out of the bunch there are maybe 5-7 that I actually like. Has anyone else been disappointed with their engagement pics? If so, what have you done?

I'm planning on contacting the company once I calm down a little and can have a more rational discussion with my FI about it. I'm planning on explaining my feelings about the pictures and how I feel we've been treated by them. It just makes me really worried about what to expect from my wedding pictures.

Re: E pics

• I wasn't thrilled with our e-pics either.  There was only a handful that I really liked and I too, started to question my photorapher decision.  However, after really reflecting, I realized 
    a) I don't need a ton of great engagement pics.  Only a few great ones (which we did get) that we could use on our save the dates-to frame around the house, and use for our guest book.  Out of over 100 pics, I really only LOVED about 5 of them. 

b) I needed to be more vocal about what I wanted on our wedding day.  I made a list of pictures that I wanted to be sure to get.  For our- e-pics I had no idea what I wanted and when I got my digital proofs back I thought that they were ok pics, just WAAYY too posed and not very natural looking. I also let my photographer know this.  I made sure that if there was a certain type of picture that I wanted-I let him know that. 

In the end, our wedding pictures turned out GREAT! I'm so happy with them!
    If you're that worried, I'd talk to your photographer about what you are looking for and be very direct with them.  There must have been something about their work that you've seen and liked-that helped you to pick them-so you know they're capable of producing a quality that you like.  

Good Luck!
    "All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
  • Thanks for the feedback. I've actually decided to cancel the contract and eat the deposit. I just get more upset the more I think about the quality of our particular shoot and with the way we've been treated as clients. My parents are also paying for the wedding photography as a gift to us and feel strongly that we need to switch gears. Never thought this part would be one of the most stressful aspects of planning my wedding!
  • Yeah, if you were having sucky customer service on top of not so great pics, I would have done the same.  I hope you're able to find a photographer that you love!
    "All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards