Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Day Block Brides!

We are getting married at the Day Block Building in November. We are having our ceremony and reception there. I am just wondering what people's experiences have been. Good and Bad and if there is any advise regarding lighting/decorating/parking/seating etc.  Thanks!

Re: Day Block Brides!

• I am extremely interested in this location as well. I would love to hear feedback  as well! Thanks all!
  • We're also getting married there in November! My planner has had 2 other brides get married there and both said it was a good experience. The only thing I am worried about is parking! I really don't want people to have to walk 2-3 blocks if it's freezing outside.

The nice thing about decor there is that you can hang things from the ceiling- I will be doing A LOT of this!
  • I'm getting married there in Oct. I think you can rent a lot from Spill the Wine, but it is only if Spill the Wine isn't having a wedding the same night & they can't confirm until 2 weeks before.

FYI, I found a lot of pics of the venue listed as Spill the Wine instead of the Dya Block. There is a good gallery on Style Me Pretty.
  • cld39cld39 member
    First Comment
    I am also considering this as a venue!!!! How big are your weddings? Mine is only ~125 people but it just seemed so small. He said it could fit 250. But I don't want people cramped and uncomfortable!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_day-block-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:1ae58cb2-c6e3-4502-b434-d84862ef0569Post:d9fbeb15-e15c-4d0f-beb1-0954c0d401d3">Re: Day Block Brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am also considering this as a venue!!!! How big are your weddings? Mine is only ~125 people but it just seemed so small. He said it could fit 250. But I don't want people cramped and uncomfortable!
    Posted by cld39[/QUOTE]

We're having about 100 and it's going to be super tight in the room we are doing the ceremony in , but the bigger room will be fine for a reception I think. Plus we are having cocktails/apps instead of a sit down dinner as well so we don't need room for everyone to sit the whole time.
  • Hey Ladies,

I am using Day Block loft for both reception and sit down dinner November 17, 2012. My wedding head count is 230, and although it will be a snug fit, it won't be uncomfortable. We are doing a buffet for dinner catered by Spill the Wine, and the buffet will be in one of the smaller 2 rooms. Cocktail hour and dancing will be downstairs in the restaurant.

Are either of you ladies using teals, oranges or reds as colors? If so, we should share ideas and products!
  • You can rent a valet service, I don't remember what the price they quoted me was, but it's through Spill The Wine.

n Response to <a href="http://minneapolis-stpaul.weddings.com/Sites/weddings/Pages/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_day-block-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:1ae58cb2-c6e3-4502-b434-d84862ef0569Post:dee92ffb-6ca3-486b-9ef8-db3dd0d6686f">Re: Day Block Brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're also getting married there in November! My planner has had 2 other brides get married there and both said it was a good experience. The only thing I am worried about is parking! I really don't want people to have to walk 2-3 blocks if it's freezing outside. The nice thing about decor there is that you can hang things from the ceiling- I will be doing A LOT of this!
    Posted by kelly6509[/QUOTE]
  • I had my wedding at Day Block. The cap for guests is 250, I believe we had about 210 show up but we accomodated for about 250. We had our reception on a Saturday afternoon, so parking in the area was not an issue at all. In fact, it's quiet on saturdays and sundays in the area (I scoped it out ahead of time), aside from late evenings and during events (it's near the metrodome and the Guthrie). All in all, lovely and spacious space. I always tell people to google day block weddings because there are tons of warehouse wedding inspirations to be gleaned from them. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_day-block-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:1ae58cb2-c6e3-4502-b434-d84862ef0569Post:d8a51e7f-1eea-4ea2-8e7c-f64370902a3a">Re: Day Block Brides!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had my wedding at Day Block. The cap for guests is 250, I believe we had about 210 show up but we accomodated for about 250. We had our reception on a Saturday afternoon, so parking in the area was not an issue at all. In fact, it's quiet on saturdays and sundays in the area (I scoped it out ahead of time), aside from late evenings and during events (it's near the metrodome and the Guthrie). All in all, lovely and spacious space. I always tell people to google day block weddings because there are tons of warehouse wedding inspirations to be gleaned from them. 
    Posted by sthao123[/QUOTE]

<div><font color="#0000ff">
    </font></div><div><font color="#0000ff">Did your wedding happen to be in the summer?  We are looking at having ours there and are only concern is that it might get hot in the evening.  Did it really heat up with that many people and dancing?  Did you do a sit down dinner or appetizers?</font></div><div>
    </div><div>Thanks!  </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards