Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Board Updates from Knot Annie

Here's a message from Knot Annie on Friday.  To see the fixes, clear your cookies, close your browsers, and log back in.  Post below with any other issues you're having.  The signature issue is known and has been reported, as has mobile Knotting and watch thread w/emailed replies.  Anything else you're encountering??

I said that we would have some new improvements this week and they actually launched today (just recently). We have speed improvements on IE now (clear cookies first) and it should continue improve gradually.

Also, if you go to any category page in the breadcrumb (so wedding boards, local, theme, etc) [up where it says Forums > Local Wedding Boards > Minnesota -Minneapolis-St. Paul], there is a link to see all your posts on the right. You’ll see “my discussions” and the 10 listed and under that you’ll see a link with “see all my discussions” below.

Finally, “watch this thread” is fixed in IE.

On to more fixes. Thanks and have a great weekend!

KA

Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!

Re: Board Updates from Knot Annie

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay for the Watch feature working!

I'm a little confused about how we see all our old posts though. I didn't see anything that said "My Discussions" no matter which board I was on. Then I tried to click the magnifying glass under my post to look at my old posts. This used to list pages and pages of all my old posts, now it only lists the last 10 and I don't see anything anywhere that says "See All" or links to more pages. Maybe I'm just missing it?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_board-updates-knot-annie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:1b4c2f8f-2ca8-4b71-be17-d28ae07d2a09Post:9262c68f-0174-4bf4-934d-04eff033a8ad">Re: Board Updates from Knot Annie</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay for the Watch feature working! I'm a little confused about how we see all our old posts though. I didn't see anything that said "My Discussions" no matter which board I was on. Then I tried to click the magnifying glass under my post to look at my old posts. This used to list pages and pages of all my old posts, now it only lists the last 10 and I don't see anything anywhere that says "See All" or links to more pages. Maybe I'm just missing it?
    Posted by leggwilliams[/QUOTE]

Go to the Local Wedding Boards landing page, and you'll see it off to the right.  It does the same thing as the magnifying glass does, from what I can tell.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    That's a helpful feature, but now I'm having other problems. 

Before the switch, I was trying to delete old posts, basically just trying to minimize my online presence.  So now I can go back at finish that.  I went to my old posts, and some that I had deleted previously are back, some are in "Reported Posts," and literally every other click brings me to a "Server Error" red, yellow and white page.  What gives?  Just random glitches?  Also, my siggy in these old posts say, "User Inactive" or some variation.  Ideally, I'd like to be "inactive" and delete my account.  Possible?

Thanks in advance, Sweetie!

**ETA: NM, my siggy is somebody else's, regarding their photobucket acct.  Still weird, but I care less about that now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok thanks I found it! But it still only shows the last 10 posts when I click show all.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_board-updates-knot-annie?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:1b4c2f8f-2ca8-4b71-be17-d28ae07d2a09Post:88acfd53-daac-4f14-99c0-05dcf877eaa8">Re: Board Updates from Knot Annie</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's a helpful feature, but now I'm having other problems.  Before the switch, I was trying to delete old posts, basically just trying to minimize my online presence.  So now I can go back at finish that.  I went to my old posts, and some that I had deleted previously are back, some are in "Reported Posts," and literally every other click brings me to a "Server Error" red, yellow and white page.  What gives?  Just random glitches?  Also, my siggy in these old posts say, "User Inactive" or some variation.  Ideally, I'd like to be "inactive" and delete my account.  Possible? Thanks in advance, Sweetie! **ETA: NM, my siggy is somebody else's, regarding their photobucket acct.  Still weird, but I care less about that now.
    Posted by KatieVTandMikeW[/QUOTE]

- You can't delete old OPs - only your own replies to posts.
    - Not sure what "Reported Posts" means - haven't seen that one before.
    - If you get the server errors, keep refreshing - they are working hard on fixing things so these don't show up.
    - Your sig may have been carried over from before the switch (like a year ago!) - go into Update Profile, click Save, and this should be fixed.  Looks like your sig was from your Nov '08 club board.
    - I believe you can delete your account somewhere on The Knot's profile pages (not related to the boards) - not sure on this though.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards