Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

AW: My DIY Brooch Bouquet

I haven't AWed much about my wedding but I recently got most of my brooch bouquet done and I'm pretty proud of it. :) Here are some pictures:

Now all I have to do is put some red ribbon around the bottom stem area.But I love it so much and can't wait to have it as a keepsake after the wedding as well.

Re: AW: My DIY Brooch Bouquet

• Options
    edited December 2011

Looks Great!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Very pretty!
  • Options
    MrsBassPlayaMrsBassPlaya member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Usually I hate how brooch bouquets look.  Too gaudy for me.  However, I think you've done this one quite well!  I love the red offsetting the bling.  Very tasteful and beautiful!

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

• Options
    jennipea382jennipea382 member
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_aw-diy-brooch-bouquet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:1d486d43-149f-4957-9212-d73b10ea6589Post:39d24abe-9739-4bd9-b5ad-5c7464912449">Re: AW: My DIY Brooch Bouquet</a>:
    [QUOTE]Usually I hate how brooch bouquets look.  Too gaudy for me.  However, I think you've done this one quite well!  I love the red offsetting the bling.  Very tasteful and beautiful!
    Posted by MrsBassPlaya[/QUOTE]

All of this exactly! I like the idea of a brooch bouquet, but most end up looking weird to me. Yours is very pretty!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Gorgeous and so original! I love it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    TCbride1TCbride1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So pretty! That must have taken you forever!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies, :) There are definitely some brooch bouquets that are very gaudy-- I liked how the red silk flowers made it a little less overwhelming as well. Plus, if you use some silk flowers, it cuts down on the costs of brooches significantly! (Most all brooch bouquets require 50+ brooches)

It didn't take me as long as I thought it would, though. I think the most time consuming part was figuring out where to get all my brooches from (fabulousbrooches.com is the best place -- most brooches i got were between $2-$3 a piece). But really, putitng it together isn't too hard. And I'm not crafty at all so trust me --- I wouldn't say it was easy if it really weren't! ;)
  • Options
    kekr0202kekr0202 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love this!  I'm planning on using some high quality silk flowers as background for my brooch bouquet as well.  Looks great as a filler and personally I think it looks more elegant than all brooches making up the bouquet.

Musicalsunlight, how many brooches did you end up using?  I don't have any family brooches that can be handed down to me so I'll be purchasing all mine.  Do you feel the brooches you purchased online are pretty sturdy?  I read a review on one DIY site that said to avoid cheap brooches as they tended to snap during the assembling process.  I'm also planning on requesting brooches as gifts for my showers and bach party instead of gifts-really excited about this!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is beautiful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_aw-diy-brooch-bouquet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:1d486d43-149f-4957-9212-d73b10ea6589Post:c74e25f2-0be7-4c5b-a8c7-5630c8353df8">Re: AW: My DIY Brooch Bouquet</a>:
    [QUOTE]Love this!  I'm planning on using some high quality silk flowers as background for my brooch bouquet as well.  Looks great as a filler and personally I think it looks more elegant than all brooches making up the bouquet. Musicalsunlight, how many brooches did you end up using?  I don't have any family brooches that can be handed down to me so I'll be purchasing all mine.  Do you feel the brooches you purchased online are pretty sturdy?  I read a review on one DIY site that said to avoid cheap brooches as they tended to snap during the assembling process.  I'm also planning on requesting brooches as gifts for my showers and bach party instead of gifts-really excited about this!
    Posted by kekr0202[/QUOTE]

I think total, we had about 30ish brooches. We bought almost all of them from fabulousbrooches.com and most were plastic, though some were metal. I didn't find that they were easily broken at all during assembly. They look great and not cheap at all. Good luck with your bouquet! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This looks so cool! Nice work!
  • Options
    kekr0202kekr0202 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_aw-diy-brooch-bouquet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:1d486d43-149f-4957-9212-d73b10ea6589Post:a5a7e7c6-e2f2-4ce4-9f1a-dc06bddc0ed4">Re: AW: My DIY Brooch Bouquet</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW: My DIY Brooch Bouquet : I think total, we had about 30ish brooches. We bought almost all of them from fabulousbrooches.com and most were plastic, though some were metal. I didn't find that they were easily broken at all during assembly. They look great and not cheap at all. Good luck with your bouquet! :)
    Posted by musicalsunlight[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the info-great to hear!  While I don't have a problem spending a bit on the bouquet (especially since it won't die!) I don't want to spend $12+ ea for store bought brooches.  I am going to check thrift stores & estate sales as well to mix and match fancier with "cheaper" ones from fabulousbrooches.com.  So excited yours turned out beautifully!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards