Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

AW - Reception booked!

It's official! I booked the PEC tonight! I'm sooo excited but spending that deposit is a little depressing.. haha.

So I have a few questions for PEC brides-
-If you had your ceremony there, how exactly did it work? Was it weird to have it in the same room as the reception?
-Are hors duerves refilled during a certain amount of time (like fruit or veggie trays)? I'm thinking if it says it serves x amount of people it might be but I'm not sure.
-What food do you recommend?
-What decorations do you recommend?

I'm so so so excited to be using the PEC! So let me know if you have any advice or suggestions!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Follow Me on Pinterest
Planning Bio

Re: AW - Reception booked!

• edited December 2011
    For dinner we served filet mignon and lobster tail---amazing!  And the sonoma chicken--also amazing!  And we served bar food after dinner.  The mini chimichangas were delish and the cheese curds.  We also ordered doughnut holes and I was not such a fan of those, too hard, I thought they would have been soft and gooey like the state fair hahaha

the only decorations we ordered from them were the mirrors to go underneath the centerpieces, and we used their table number stands.  I'd recommend chair covers and sashes, it just makes it look so elegant.

Congrats on the major check!
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • FutureMrsS13FutureMrsS13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congratulations!!!!!!!!!!
  • colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay congrats! I have been to a wedding there and it was beautiful!
  • Cackle6Cackle6 member
    edited December 2011
    Yay congrats! We're having our reception in the Diamond Hall in May, and I'm ridiculously excited! Which hall are you in? Sorry I can't answer any of your questions, but I hope someone can because I'm curious about the appetizers too.
  • jennipea382jennipea382 member
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Diamond Hall also! :-)

The more I think about it, I feel like "serves about 50 people" would probably get refilled and "50 pieces" obviously wouldn't. I suppose I could ask Heather but I figured someone on here has to know!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    We had ours in the Diamond Hall on September 3rd and went with the chicken supreme and top sirloin with mushroom sauce for dinner, crab cakes and coconut shrimp and bruschetta for apps, and fried mac and cheese and sliders and sweet potato fries for late night snacks. Everything was fabulous! I would bet the fruit and veggie platters you get what you get since you can purchase multiple trays, I don't think they are refilled. For decorations all we really did through the PEC was colored napkins (navy) and the white draping which completely classed up the room, I'd totally recommend going with that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jennipea382jennipea382 member
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_aw-reception-booked?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:21249e72-08ef-4040-89ee-7e8cb5ab8314Post:a59df339-08a6-4d2f-a068-ade91200184c">Re: AW - Reception booked!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We had ours in the Diamond Hall on September 3rd and went with the chicken supreme and top sirloin with mushroom sauce for dinner, crab cakes and coconut shrimp and bruschetta for apps, and fried mac and cheese and sliders and sweet potato fries for late night snacks. Everything was fabulous! I would bet the fruit and veggie platters you get what you get since you can purchase multiple trays, I don't think they are refilled. For decorations all we really did through the PEC was colored napkins (navy) and the white draping which completely classed up the room, I'd totally recommend going with that.
    Posted by leggwilliams[/QUOTE]

Were your apps refilled at all or was it just a certain amount? I for sure want crab cakes :-)

I am hoping to do the full draping. I think the red would clash with pretty much any color you make the lights, so the white would be awesome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Cackle6Cackle6 member
    edited December 2011
    Oh yes, we are def doing the white draping. It's completely overpriced (having worked at a venue that had similar draping, I can pretty much guarantee it takes 2 people maybe 3-4 hours tops, and when I was working I only made $10 per hour. Even if they were union guys, no way they'd make more than $40-$50 per hour, so really it should cost like $300 to $400 tops, but I digress), but red and purple just don't go together for me, heh.

My parents were just at the tasting last month (we're going in January), and my dad said the prime rib and the garlic mashed potatoes were the best things on the menu. :)
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on the HUGE check!  Very exciting!  = )
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_aw-reception-booked?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:21249e72-08ef-4040-89ee-7e8cb5ab8314Post:88be78f9-8cf0-42d6-8bc6-c00e0447374f">Re: AW - Reception booked!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW - Reception booked! : Were your apps refilled at all or was it just a certain amount? I for sure want crab cakes :-) I am hoping to do the full draping. I think the red would clash with pretty much any color you make the lights, so the white would be awesome!
    Posted by jennipea382[/QUOTE]

I did all butler passed except the bruschetta sat out on a table. It was "refilled' I guess you could say (but not in the way you are thinking) because they didn't put out everything we ordered at once, but all the apps we ordered were purchased by the number of pieces...I believe we did 250 pieces (sold in sets of 50 pieces) of each for around 200 guests. If you're confused about the way it works I'd definetly suggest just emailing Heather to clarify, she's SUPER great about getting back quickly!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards