Ohio-Columbus

Wedding & reception venue for 150-200

My fiance and I decided on the Columbus area as a midway point between our two families but we know almost nobody there to help us!  We want to rent a large house (sleeps 20+) and have our ceremony and reception there.  We have tried homeaway.com and vrbo.com.  Does anyone know of a one-stop-shop venue/inn/b&b that can accommodate up to 200 guests, provide lodging for some, hold a reception and the wedding?

Happy planning!

Re: Wedding & reception venue for 150-200

• Columbus is not really like say, The Outer Banks, for renting big vacation party houses.  however, you could contact a high end realtor in Columbus, and try to find an empty property?  Other ideas:

This is about 45 minutes north of Columbus  I know they can accomodate the sleeping rooms, but not sure about your large wedding?
    http://www.hideawayinn.com/

This is more hotel than home - but used to be Nationwide Insurance private getaway, and now specializes in weddings and wedding weekends.  Really pretty and very close to a hiking - big metro park

About 45 minutes east of Columbus

• There are several lodges/cabins in Hocking Hills, ohio that may have what you are looking for. It's about an hour or so south of Columbus, very pretty, nature-outdoor type of place. We looked at some of them as we liked that some were an all inclusive type place, in he sense you can have your ceremony, venue, and accommodations all wrapped up in one. Good luck!
  • Little Brook Meadows has a mansion that sleeps 20 and will accomodate 200 in the reception area.  Also a ceremony is possible there.  It's beautiful if you are looking for something rustic.  Its in Lancaster ohio.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards