Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

NWR: Homework vs. Wedding Planning

I'm attempting to do a major project today for a class (it's due on the 1st of December) and I honestly have NO motivation to do it. I'd rather be planning the wedding or doing something other than sitting on the floor writing this project out!

Re: NWR: Homework vs. Wedding Planning

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thankfully, that feeling only lasted a few months for me, then I just started saying "screw it" to everything wedding related ;) I think I just burned myself out too quickly.  I don't think I would have passed my classes if I had been in school when I was engaged.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh I am the same way!  Its been months and I still would rather plan the wedding than do ANY studying. :)  I have my board certification exam in less than a month, you would think that would be motivation enough to put the wedding planning down - but its not.  I try to give myself 10 minutes breaks to do wedding stuff, and suddenly its an hour and a half later.....

I wish I were more encouraging, but I am a terrible role model.

You can do it, girl!!

My Planning Bio Updated 9.2.11
    My New House Bio! Updated 5.8.11
    image 356 Invited image 144 will be there! image 212 missing out image 0 holding up the show

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    aligrossaligross member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Haha, girls you just affirm to me that I really should put a ban on my internet while I work. Instead of wedding planning I fell asleep at my computer for over an hour. Jenn- I'm the same way, I'll tell myself "okay, get done with this part then take a break" well a couple hours later I'm ready to fall asleep and have not touched my homework again. I student teach next semester (I'm in my master's to get a Special Education degree) so it should be interesting. I'm going to delegate things off to my FMIL.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am in the same boat!  I have a huge proposal due Monday and a 10+ page paper due on Tuesday and I have struggled all through Thanksgiving break to stay motivated. Wedding planning is WAY more fun and such a distraction!  

• Options
    k8lyk8ly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

::grabs oar in same boat::

I have a project due Monday, and instead, I'm on TK....blaming it on the Holiday weekend, but know it's a veiled excuse. ;)

I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy. ~Dory
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_nwr-homework-vs-wedding-planning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:240974af-e2ef-474d-9e20-0f99fc32affcPost:31edaf85-b893-4339-9a65-b2a75a16189b">Re: NWR: Homework vs. Wedding Planning</a>:
    [QUOTE]::grabs oar in same boat:: I have a project due Monday, and instead, I'm on TK....blaming it on the Holiday weekend, but know it's a veiled excuse. ;)
    Posted by k8ly[/QUOTE]

<div>veiled, ha. Nice pun. :)</div>
  • Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ahhh yes, wedding planning, the best tool of procrastination a gal can have. I kinda miss wedding planning for that reason...now I have no excuse not to do my HW haha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards