Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Program - Grandparents Question

I'm working on my programs right now & I'm having a little problem.

My grandpa passed away a few years ago.  I want to list both my grandma, (who is still living), & my grandpa, in the Grandparents of Bride section.

Right now I have...
Grandparents of Bride... Grandma B & the late Grandpa B.

Does that look/sound weird?  Is there anyway to list a deceased grandparent there?

Also, I understand that the function of the program is supposed to be to help identify the significant players to the guests & that it may be confusing to list someone who is no longer living.  But, my grandpa held a very significant role in my life, (and still does), so I feel it appropriate to list him. 

TIA ladies!

Re: Program - Grandparents Question

• edited December 2011
    My husband's father, all of my husband's grandparents and 3/4 of my grandparents are deceased, so we only listed the parents and grandparents who were living. We had a separate section for those who had passed:

We Remember
    In loving memory of those who could not be with us today:

Father of the Groom
    Dennis _________

Grandparents of the Bride
    Martin __________
    Thomas and Ruth _________

Grandparents of the Groom
    Frank and Angela _________
    Frank and Frances _________
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Beka.  This is exactly what we're doing for FI's dad and my grandparents that are deceased. 
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • nordkenordke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Typically it is done with a statement at the end of the program to honor those that have passed away, but I personally think that how you'd like to do it sounds just fine too. As is the answer to many questions, it's your wedding, do it how you wish to.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!  = )
  • aligrossaligross member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Andrea, ditto the PP we are doing a "In honor of those who have passed away and could not be in attendence with us today there are blah blah blah - Bride's Grandparents: NAMES Bride's Godparents: NAMES Groom's Grandparents" NAMES"
    I have seen (at my BF's wedding) where she wrote something about each person that had passed away that was special to her/her husband - a memory or even something along the lines of "every day I follow the words my grandfather taught me at a young age "blah blah blah"" .
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards