Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Neon Express or Cookies and Cognac DJ Service?

I was wondering if anyone has used either Neon Express or Cookies and Cognac for their DJ service?  I know the guys from Cookies and Cognac and know they are really professional (and not obnoxious) but I think they run about $750 for their services.  I've seen some positive reviews on Neon Express and know that they are considerably less than $750, but that is the extent of my knowledge on them.  So I'm wondering if anyone on here has used either one and what your experience has been?  We are really looking for a DJ who will do some minimal MCing and basically play a list of music that we provide.

Thanks for your help, ladies!

Re: Neon Express or Cookies and Cognac DJ Service?

• I believe my friend used Cookies and Cognac for her wedding last year, while they did the job it was nothing fabulous, and if thats their price range, to me its not worth it if its for DJ services only. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I booked with Midwest Sound when I was at the last Unveiled show.  Got everything for $500. 

I only mention this because I see another Unveiled show is coming up...might be worth going to if you are still looking for a DJ!
  • I used neon express- Marc, actually (marc and dave are the two main ones I believe) and I was very very happy with them, and would recommend them.
  • I used Neon Express and had a so-so experience with them due to a last minute issue where we did not get the DJ (Marc) that we were supposed to get.  There's a full review in my bio.
    "All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
  • I used Neon Express. Marc was awesome, and prices could not be beat! I highly recommend.
    Anniversary
    White Knot
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited November 2012
    Cookies and Cognac for sure!

I wanted to write that Cookies & Cognac are the best DJs we could have imagined for our 2011 wedding. We have been happily married for over a year now, and have since taken part in a number of weddings. I have found that once you go through your own, you pick up on all these background details when attending other weddings. No other DJ could compare to the Brian. His responsive attitude to picking music with us in advance of the wedding, and reading the crowd that night, led to the best wedding tunes we could have dreamed for. My wife and I sill listen to the wedding mix they provided at the end of the night. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards