Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Kara Knutson? OR other inexpensive photographer.

Has anyone here had Kara Knutson photograph their wedding? Were you happy with the results? I am looking to spend $1500 or less on a photographer and so far, in that range, I like her the most. My photographer dad gave her the thumbs up and he usually knows best! Does anyone else have suggestions for photographers that are under $1500? 

Re: Kara Knutson? OR other inexpensive photographer.

• Options
    TBH I think she's the one I almost booked. Her photos on the website look great, but I saw some pics from a real client. They looked like someone wandered around with a regular old point and shoot and snapped pictures. I should say I'm really picky about photography so maybe she will be more to your liking?

My photographer is amazing and her prices are great, check her out! http://www.facebook.com/AlyssaRei
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    You might also try Elise from Elisabeth Ann Photography <---- clicky

She is under your price range and we loved her. I know she recently said on Facebook she was really booked, but you could try. 
  • Options
    The man and I are big fans of Kara. First of all, she has an awesome personality and will go to any length to get the shot (at one point she was lying in her back in the snow). She had fun with our wedding party but also knew when to crack the whip and get the families cycled in and out and whatnot. I had one page of pictures that I wanted to mimic and she kept looking at it and using it until we were satisfied.

Check out her facebook page instead of her website/blog... I don't think she's updated those sites within the past year.

I also saw the pictures that PP had seen from one of Kara's clients... they weren't great. We had already signed the contract with Kara and seeing those pictures really made me question things. We just got married in December and I can assure you that our pics turned out far better than I hoped, especially our engagement pics.

Best of luck to you! I don't think you'd be disappointed for a second with Kara. :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_kara-knutson-or-other-inespensive-photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:2b5fe8bf-c650-4807-a78b-d2fc14ca610fPost:1ef05a0e-5933-4533-9242-2e76f9b3b75b">Re: Kara Knutson? OR other inespensive photographer.</a>:
    [QUOTE]The man and I are big fans of Kara. First of all, she has an awesome personality and will go to any length to get the shot (at one point she was lying in her back in the snow). She had fun with our wedding party but also knew when to crack the whip and get the families cycled in and out and whatnot. I had one page of pictures that I wanted to mimic and she kept looking at it and using it until we were satisfied. Check out her facebook page instead of her website/blog... I don't think she's updated those sites within the past year. I also saw the pictures that PP had seen from one of Kara's clients... they weren't great. We had already signed the contract with Kara and seeing those pictures really made me question things. We just got married in December and I can assure you that our pics turned out far better than I hoped, especially our engagement pics. Best of luck to you! I don't think you'd be disappointed for a second with Kara. :)
    Posted by jlmccabe[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you had a good experience with her and that her pictures are better than that. I feel bad when I say what I think about those photos, but I felt like I should say something since what I saw was a huge difference than the website. But it sounds like maybe those were just a few of the bad ones in the bunch. All photographers have some bad pics!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    Try this place: http://cindyrellastudio.com/ They set the prices and do a lot of the leg work for the photogs they work with and you get a photog that normally charges much more for a very reasonable price.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We booked Beth from Beth W Photography. Her prices are SUPER affordable, all listed on her site, and we just loved her work! Can't wait for our wedding!!

Oh, a link might help http://www.bethwphoto.com
  • Options
    My husband is just starting to shoot weddings and is within your price range.  If you book with him and mention The Knot, he gives a $200 discount!  The package includes a full day of photography with 2 photographers and a 1 hour engagement session.  You get digital images with printing rights along with the option to purchase prints.  

You can see his work at www.kilgrenphotography.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards