Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

BM dress shopping

This afternoon one of my BMs and I are taking a mini roadtrip down to Rochester to shop at Mestads and one other bridal shop for my FIRST time checkin out BM dresses in person.  I am excited but I am pretty sure I am going to feel overwhelmed.  For some reason I feel like this decision is going to be one of my bigger stresses.... I HATE making decisions that affect other people ...especially when it involves $$. 

Anyways, I am excited to finally look at dresses in real life instead of just online!  I am hoping I like them all better in person....

They are all starting to look the same!!!

Any advice of things I should keep in mind or questions to ask while shopping? TIA!

Happy Friday!
June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: BM dress shopping

• tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm only having my MOH, and she'll be wearing a dress she already has, so I can't offer you any shopping advice.

Have fun though! I love road trips when it's nice out, even if they are small.
  • bemistobebemistobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have fun!! I'm dreading the BM dress task myself, so let me know how it goes :) GOOD LUCK!
  • nbigalkenbigalke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    find out everyones budget ahead of time. you don't want to fall in love with BM dresses that they can't afford!!!
  • schmoodschmood member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is nice to get the opinions of your BMs but, the decision on what dress you pick is ultimately yours. 
    If you have different sized and shaped BMs....you may consider finding a designer where you like a few different styles of their dresses and allow the BMs to pick from a few dresses.
    If your BMs are in multiple locations (mine were in 3 different states and all of those states were different from where I was!) you'd want to check to make sure that the dress /designer you pick is available in all of their locations so they can go to a store near them to try them on.
    If you're concerned with price.... check to see if the dress you like is available form Net Bride.   I found my BM dresses on there for about $50 less than I had seen in any store.  We didn't have any problems with ordering or delievery and the dresses arrived in about 9-10 weeks.    HTH.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_bm-dress-shopping-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:2c6ec858-d937-4b56-ba4c-fcae4e59e479Post:7daa4d46-330d-442c-81ef-c11ad4172c9d">Re: BM dress shopping</a>:
    [QUOTE]It is nice to get the opinions of your BMs but, the decision on what dress you pick is ultimately yours.  If you have different sized and shaped BMs....you may consider finding a designer where you like a few different styles of their dresses and allow the BMs to pick from a few dresses. If your BMs are in multiple locations (mine were in 3 different states and all of those states were different from where I was!) you'd want to check to make sure that the dress /designer you pick is available in all of their locations so they can go to a store near them to try them on. If you're concerned with price.... check to see if the dress you like is available form Net Bride.   I found my BM dresses on there for about $50 less than I had seen in any store.  We didn't have any problems with ordering or delievery and the dresses arrived in about 9-10 weeks.    HTH.
    Posted by schmood[/QUOTE]

Good advice!! I have scattered BMs as well...one in CA, one in IA, one in southern MN and two are in the TC area like me... just one more thing to make me feel worried about ;)

I am glad you mentioned Net Bride...I remember a while ago people were talking about it and I was wondering if they are good to work with.
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Have fun! You will have to report back with what you find! Smile
  • lboerner88lboerner88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going BM dress shopping tomorrow with all five of my BM's. However, I am letting them all pick their own dresses (but all in my color - dark purple) so it shouldn't be stressful for me. I'm actually really excited to see what they pick out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards