Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Help!!!

I have all address in the knots guest list manager.. How do we make them into a word file so we can print labels for the invites?

Thanks
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Help!!!

• Options
    jcamm11jcamm11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Actually, you are supposed to hand write invitations believe it or not.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No need to be sarcastic, Jcamm, geez! 

Erika - While hand-writing them looks lovely (as long as you have nice handwriting) and may be traditionally done, I find it perfectly acceptable to receive wedding invitations that are not hand-addressed.  I can't say I am the type of person to see a labeled envelope and think "Wow, that bride MUST have so much time on her hands and super great handwriting, yet she is offending me by labeling MY envelope???  Good Heavens!!!"  LOL :)  We were going to do labels for our's too, but FI's mom does calligraphy and really wanted to be able to contribute something to help us out from California.

I wish I knew how to import them into a word file for you, but I don't.  We never got that far! :(  Sorry hun, good luck!

My Planning Bio Updated 9.2.11
    My New House Bio! Updated 5.8.11
    image 356 Invited image 144 will be there! image 212 missing out image 0 holding up the show

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, I'm very much on the side of hand-addressing wedding invitations (it just... looks... CLASSIER) but if you insist on labeling them, the best way I could suggest would be to export your knot guest list into a excel doc (unless that's where you imported it from, in which case you can skip that step entirely) and then mail-merge the Excel doc into Word. Depending on which version of Word you have, mail merging varies from moderately difficult to ridiculously easy to do.

I don't think TK has the option to directly export your address list to Word, which (not gonna lie...) is probably primarily for the purpose of discouraging people from printing labels.
  • Options
    newlyseliskinewlyseliski member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If possible, a good compromise would be printing the address in a nice script directly on the envelope.  I've received two invitations printed this way and they looked lovely... you rip apart the envelope anyways!  I think you can export an excel document of your knot address list that would allow you to do exactly what maybe984 suggested above :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help ladies. And to the others I have horrible handwriting and I really dont have alot of time or money to pay someone to write them on the envelope. I also don't think my guests are going to look at me any differently if I have them either a printed on the envelope or labels.

Thanks again to those who helped and we made them and they look awesome!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was always one of those people who said "meh, labels wouldn't matter to me."  Then I got a wedding invitation with a label- it was tacky as can be.  Just a fair warning- it definitely sets the tone for the wedding as casual and seems as though the wedding isn't an important event.

If you HAVE to do labels, at least make them the clear ones- or like PP said, print directly on the envelope.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards