Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Chair Covers - Any St. Cloud Knotties?!

Hey Ladies

What was the company that had the diaster and was in the news for linens?

I am looking into MemorY Makers Decor and what to make sure it is not the same lady and/or ppl.

That being said I am also looking to see if I can find a better rate.
Right now the quote I got from them was
Ivory Covers @ 1.65ea
Organza Sashes @ .65ea
I am setting them up and taking them down myself because they need to pick them up before my event is over. However, since I am doing them myself I have to pick them up and drop them off in Maple Grove with my event in St. Cloud. (45min-1HR DRIVE)

TIA!

Re: Chair Covers - Any St. Cloud Knotties?!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a St. Cloud Knottie technically, but am getting married in the cities. I have no experience with Memory Makers Decor, but I did have experience with Moments Like This which was the company that was in the news. I was booked with them and backed out of our contract and FI's uncle was booked with them for his wedding this weekend and Moments Like This just told them last week they would be cancelling. I think the rate you found was decent....do they offer setup too? I'm assuming not since you have to go pick them up. Maple Grove isn't a TERRIBLE drive, how long are they going to let you keep everything for? As long as you don't have to pick up/return them on the day of your event I'd say you'd be fine
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can pick them up Fri anytime and have to bring them back Sunday (anytime I believe)
    They do offer delivery and pick up but they would pick them up in St. Cloud at my event at 12AM (Midnight) sharp when the reception doesn't end until 12. So that wouldn't work- I am waiting on her to get back to me on the tax then ask if it is possible to do a later pick up time- as another option
  • Options
    juliels53juliels53 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Memory Makers Decor is awesome!!! I'm in St. Cloud and I've hired them for rentals, set up and take down. Corinne has been great to work with. Answers all my questions right away, and has even tracked down the perfect linens for the perfect match. Bonus is she's super affordable. I'd highly recommend her! Wedding is 9/18/10, I'll have pics and more detailed vendor reviews after that. HTH! (If you have any more St. Cloud questions, let me know!)
    In story books marriage is a happy ending. In real life it's a happy beginning. Living my happy beginning since September 18, 2010! Planning Bio & Vendor Reviews
  • Options
    laura_fettlaura_fett member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I believe geyer rental has chair covers for $2. Not cheaper, but then you don't have to worry about the drive. I've also used the mulligan's event center website for vender sources. There are three different decorator/rental places on there, but the prices are included. Might be worth a shot to call and ask.

mulligansevents.com
    go to weddings
    wedding vendors
    decorators or wedding rentals

http://wevegotitcovered.webs.com/ - this one is 1.95 for standard chair covers, 1.75 for stretchy and .75 for sashes. I'm not sure where they're located, I couldn't find an address, but if they're in St. Cloud it might be better to spend a bit more on chair covers and not spend the money and time driving. Worth a call anyway. GL, HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thank Laura!
    turns out she is in cold spring so she would drop off and pick up whenever I want for $25 so I will most likely stick with them unless I can find a cheaper :)

• Options
    efk10efk10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married in Saint Cloud this June. We used Deckci Decor and just transported them here. Wasn't too much of a pain in the butt as I had other vendors to meet in the cities and the price was right- you can often get them to discount the price 10%.

There is a rental place right next to the Bridal Boutique downtown that I hear has decent prices. I haven't checked them out myself but some friends of ours are using them.

Also, there is a wedding expo in Saint Cloud mid-September. Last year they had quite a few chair cover vendors offering large discounts if you booked with them that day. Might be worth checking that out as well..

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know I am going to the EXPO in Sept. to book Coborns for our Cake since they give a discount there too. So I might as well check out the other Chair Cover prices.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards