Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Married Ladies - Passport Question

I know I asked this before, but did you have to send your REAL marriage certificate in with your passport to get your new one?  On the form it says to send the marriage certificate or a unaltered copy of the marriage certificate.  I'm about to send mine in and I am pretty sure everyone says you need to send your REAL on in, but right on the form it says you can send a copy.  Has anyone sent in a copy...does that work?

Re: Married Ladies - Passport Question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not married, but I'm pretty sure it has to be an official copy (like ordered from the gov.)
  • Options
    wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am married and yes - you send your REAL copy in with your application.  The only copy that they'll accept is the copy you can order from the county that looks just like your other certificate.  You will get it back.  You'll end up getting 3 envelopes from them.  My old passport came back first, then my marriage license, then my new passport.  If you go in with a Xerox copy of your marriage certificate, you won't get to apply for a passport.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Ditto previous poster! They took my official copy but she said it would be back in about 2 weeks, then your passport comes after (about 6 weeks). I was surprised how much it costs, it was $190!

Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
  • Options
    jtothelee216jtothelee216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $190 ?!?!?!  Ouch!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yup! That was including the $26 for birth certificate, I didn't feel like digging for it haha.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards