Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Cupcakes

I am looking into getting cupcakes versus going with cake.  Anyone have any budget friendly cupcakeries?  Or anyone have thoughts regarding cupcakes versus cake.  

Re: Cupcakes

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing a small 2 tier cake and 200 cupcakes.  It was the most affordable option for us to avoid the cake cutting fee (because we did not want to go with Buttercream)  We were quoted approx $380 at Jack's Bakery in Brooklyn Park, basic reviews of the other tastings we had in my planning bio. GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going with Sweet Treats by Jeff. We doing a 4 tier cake with only the top tier real and about 200 cupcakes...all that plus delivery is going to cost us about $400.  And his cupcakes are absolutely AMAZING. 

http://sweettreatsbyjeff.com/
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I went to a wedding last fall where the family of the bride actually made the cupcakes, all 400+ of them! It was really cute but personally I want a cake so I'll be going to Wuollet's for that.

• Options
    kristigileskristigiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used a lady who lives in Savage and does it independently.  She was did all the setup and everything for us.  She was great!! 
    August 14, 2010 image*PLANNING* *MARRIED*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not sure what their pricing is, but I just had the best cupcake of my life from Lunds/Byerlys- Their frosting was amazing- I wonder if they would be less expensive since they are part of a grocery?

If I didn't have my MOH making my cake for free- I would have them make me my wedding cake in a heartbeat.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LUNDS LUNDS LUNDS!!! Oh my gosh - their cakes/cupcakes are gorgeous and SO yummy! not to mention very affordable.

We are having 270 cupcakes and a 6" round cake  with fine details & script writing around the sides and it is totalling just under $500.

Not bad! Not to mention, these are not those "mini-cupcakes" they are Extra Large, Spice cake with buttercream frosting cupcakes. :)
    12/17/86 - "Once upon a time...." 10/08/11 - "Happily ever after..." imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker White Knot Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards