Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

"Man Registry" - Home Depot? Menards? Lowes?

I know this has been covered before, but besides Menards, do any of the big box home improvement stores have wedding registries? 

My FMIL is insistent that FI make a Home Depot registry, but I can't find any info online.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: "Man Registry" - Home Depot? Menards? Lowes?

• schmoodschmood member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I believe that you can do Home Depot, but I think I remember people having problems with it.... like when guests go to purchase things, the stores can't find the registry.

Depending on what type of man things you were looking for - we registered at Sears.  Things on that registry were tools, a lawn mower, weed whipper, etc. We only got one thing off there however, I don't think many people think about looking at Sears. 
  • edited December 2011
    Sears! Perfect! I didn't want to do Menard's that much, and FI likes the Craftsman tools, so that should work. Thanks!
  • wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I believe that both Lowes and Home Depot have discontinued their registries.
  • MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Fleet Farm!!  Of all of our registries that was the one that didn't have a thing left to purchase on it two weeks before out wedding.  We also did Sears and it was a thumbs up too!  Think about your guests and where they'd normally shop and it's usually a good guide.
  • edited December 2011
    OMG, I love me some Fleet Farm. I could spend hours in there.
  • VeittobeVeittobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Home Depot still has a registry but you have to do it in the store.  Your guests can only find your list if they go into the store to print it out.  It works but I don't recommend it.  
    Mike and Kelly 10.01.10
    MSP Signature Challenge:Favorite Registry Item=Wine Cellar
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    BIO!! Updated 06/20/10

• debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, boo on the Home Depot registry system. Nothing is accessible online, your guests have to go to the same store you registered at, and according to the reviews I found, they still suck at the process and a lot of people who work there are all "what? We do wedding registries?". :)

Lowes discontinued their registry service last summer. Menards DOES do registries and I think it's pretty good, but admittedly we kinda dropped ours after we got sick of registering for stuff at Target and BB&B.

If you have a lot of local guests who will know what Fleet Farm is, I would do either that or Menards!
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • edited December 2011
    Fleet Farm!!!

We actually registered for all of the tools at Target.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards