Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

State Fair Poll! (Newbies, come say hi!)

Alright everyone.  Here's a little NWR fun.  FI and I live about half a mile from the fairgrounds it already smells like the fair :)  sooo..

1. Do you go to the fair every year? How many times?

2. What's your favorite thing at the fair?

3. Have you been to any other state fairs?

4. And of course- favorite fair food? (In case you need options, click here!)

Re: State Fair Poll! (Newbies, come say hi!)

• Options
    debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Do you go to the fair every year? How many times? We live in Chicago, but if we can make it to MN during fair time we always go!
    2. What's your favorite thing at the fair? Everything on a stick and the baby animal barn. :)
    3. Have you been to any other state fairs? Nope. Weird, never considered that question before!
    4. And of course- favorite fair food? Cheese curds and milk. I'm cliche like that, but it's the only time of year I'll ever let myself near them. They have to be the kind with WHITE curds and not orange. :)
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • Options
    bellaxanthebellaxanthe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I've gone the last 3 years.  Each year I get a migraine and leave sick.  I don't know if it's the heat or the bad for me food. I forget about how miserable I am each year and attempt it again.

2. What's your favorite thing at the fair?  Dog training trials and the evil food

3. Have you been to any other state fairs? Nebraska when I was much younger
    4. And of course- favorite fair food? (In case you need options, click here!)  old fashioned ice cream made by the vintage motors.  Cheese curds.

photo c603d655-594e-44b6-a311-72f04e7a561b_zpscca2447c.jpg My Little Sweetheart Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Do you go to the fair every year? How many times? I have since attending College in St. Paul. 5 yrs in a row. Only once before then.

2. What's your favorite thing at the fair? The Food - duh But I have to agree with debbie the baby animals are pretty cute.

3. Have you been to any other state fairs? Good Question - Nope. I hear ours is one of the largest in the US though.

4. And of course- favorite fair food? (In case you need options, click here!) FOOT LONG CORN DOGS! I always have to get the *Sweet Corn* and of course Sweet Martha's Cookies. Mmmmmmm!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Do you go to the fair every year? How many times? Not every year.  I think FI and I have gone every other year since we've been dating.

2. What's your favorite thing at the fair? We have a friend that works at one of the bar buildings (can't remember the name), so we like to go get cheap beer and listen to live music.  FI loves people watching, too.

3. Have you been to any other state fairs? Nope, just other county fairs.

4. And of course- favorite fair food? (In case you need options, click here!) I have a definite sweet tooth, so I love the Sweet Martha's cookies or chocolate covered cheesecake on a stick.  Also, I can never turn down a good cheese curd.  ;o)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
            Every year!! Usually just once - my body/wallet cant really handle going more than that.

People watching, eating, all the animals, and all the silly stands

Nope!

4. And of course- favorite fair food? (In case you need options, 
    www.mnstatefair.org/find/food/">click here!Ok well its a list...  Cheese Curds, Sweet Martha's Cookies, Deep fried cheese cake, chocolate shake at the dairy barn, fresh french fries, and anything else thats greasy and disgusting :)
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Do you go to the fair every year? How many times? Every year at least once!

2. What's your favorite thing at the fair? The baby animal barn and people watching!

3. Have you been to any other state fairs? Nope

4. And of course- favorite fair food? (In case you need options, www.mnstatefair.org/find/food/">click here!) Fudge Puppies!!
  • Options
    VeittobeVeittobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yep!  Every year atleast once.  Most years twice.  

People watching at it's finest!!

Not that I remember.

Pronto Pups!!  YUM
    Mike and Kelly 10.01.10
    MSP Signature Challenge:Favorite Registry Item=Wine Cellar
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    BIO!! Updated 06/20/10

• Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Do you go to the fair every year? How many times? Every other year for me.

2. What's your favorite thing at the fair? Are you kidding?  The people watching of course!!  The animal watching is a close second.

3. Have you been to any other state fairs? I'm proud to say I'm faithful to MN for state fairs.  But...I did go to a rad county fair in Wisconsin a couple of weeks ago.  I saw a tractor pull, MANY mullets, and about 4 teeth total!

4. And of course- favorite fair food? Cheeeeeeeeese Curds!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_state-fair-poll-newbies-come-say-hi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:3cd0b705-84c4-4c5b-ba80-1ead9ee4d9d9Post:a87c6f1f-60aa-4080-b749-fd59c85dd5ef">Re: State Fair Poll! (Newbies, come say hi!)</a>:
    [QUOTE] 3. Have you been to any other state fairs? I'm proud to say I'm faithful to MN for state fairs.  But...I did go to a rad county fair in Wisconsin a couple of weeks ago.  I saw a tractor pull, MANY mullets, and about 4 teeth total!
    Posted by olivehim[/QUOTE]

<font color="#800080"><strong>bahahaha CLASSIC!</strong>
    </font>
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I missed a few years growing up, but now FI and I go every year. Usually just one time per year.

The people watching!! All the mullets and fanny packs=fabulous. Oh and the sheep that stick their tongues out when they bleat! (is that the technical term?) Hilarious!

Nope. I don't think they'd live up to the Great MN Eat Together.

4. And of course- favorite fair food?
    This is a hard one! 1919 root beer, cheese on a stick, cheese curds, the corn, sweet marthas, Schell's beer...I even got an eggroll on a stick once and it was tasty! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Last year FI got SUUUUPER excited when he saw the bacon-wrapped pork on a stick. Had to get it. Wasn't great.

But I second the cheese on a stick (in addition to cheese curds, obviously. Totally different).
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • Options
    Enchanted616Enchanted616 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. Do you go to the fair every year? How many times?  For sure every year.  Usually about a min of 4-5 times.  I LOOOOOOVE the fair, its my favorite time of the year.

2. What's your favorite thing at the fair?  Everything.. the people, the shopping in the grandstand, the midway at night, the food.  Oh wait, everything besides the animal barns.  I'm just not a farm animal type of girl.

3. Have you been to any other state fairs? Nope. 

4. And of course- favorite fair food? (In case you need options, click here!)  MMMm is everything an option?  Haha, but not for me this year though.. bringing my own food and staying on the diet.  As of a couple of day ago, I've lost 17 pounds, and I feel so amazing!  I dont even want to cheat for the fair (and I never thought I would ever EVER say that!).  There is so much to do at the fair besides eat, anyways.  I'm gonna take the money I usually spend on food at use it to do one of those extreme rides!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Finished BC and not preventing since June 2010.
    Actively trying for baby #1 since July 2011.
    SA completed 5/29/2012. No sperm found.
    11/12: Dx: Congenital Bilateral Absense of the Vas Deferens.
    Genetic Testing needed as this is a mutation of Cystic Fibrosis.
    IVF #1 with ICSI planned for 2013.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. Do you go to the fair every year? How many times?I've gone every year since I loved to MN- this will be my 7th year. FI and I lived right by the fair for 3 years so we went at least 3 times then. But now we moved to Woodbury so not sure how many times we'll go this year :(
    2. What's your favorite thing at the fair?EATING!! and the folk music... always makes me giggle. 
    3. Have you been to any other state fairs?Yep I grew up in Wisconsin so I've been to that fair many times. 
    4. And of course- favorite fair food? (In case you need options, click here!)Corn and pronto pups!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Moved to the cities last year, so now we'll go every year.  Before I moved I hadn't gone since I was in HS.

People watching!

Nope.  When I lived in ND the state fair was way out on the other end of the state so I didn't want to go.

Sweet Martha's cookies of course!  I just wish the free milk stand wasn't so far from the cookie stand!  My cookies are already gone by the time I get there.  And I LOVE cheese curds...so glad I'm marrying a WI native!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Rebecca7911Rebecca7911 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have only been to the fair once, but I plan on going this year.

I go to the fair to EAT! :-)

The MN state fair is the only state fair I have been too.
    Even though I have only been to the state fair I have a few of favorite fair foods. I love the corn, bacon on a stick, cheese curds, and mini dougnuts.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We always plan on going to the fair, but only make it about half the time.

Baby animals!

I've been to the Colorado State Fair a couple times for concerts. It is NOTHING compared to here.  My brother and I were really disappointed.  And worst of all - NO CHEESE CURDS!  Whats a State Fair without cheese curds? It sucks.  :)

My absolute favorite are the deep fried pickles with cream cheese in the middle.  Mmmmmm......
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes, usually once. we try to go on a weeknight when it's a little less busy.
    People watching! FI and I use the clock system to stay a little more discreet, as in saying, "Oh! 4 o'clock!" to point out a sweet mullet or fanny pack. I also really like starting out at Giggles Campfire Grill way in the back. We get something meal-like there, it's all really good stuff. That way we can snack our way through the rest of the fair.
    Nope.
    deep fried pickle slices! though now that I've had the frickles at the Town Talk Diner, I'm not sure I'll like the ones at the fair as much. I guess we'll have to see...
  • Options
    drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow this post just made me crazy hungry! :)

We just started going for the past two years and are hooked now. We never went before as neither of our families are big fans of the fair and then we were already up at school by the time it started. But this will be the third year for us now and I am confident we will go every year.
    I LOVE the animals. I am just such an animal lover that I love seeing all the different types I dont see often. People watching and the food are also def up there!
    Nope, just MN!

I dont think I have a fav but Joe and I just eat our way around. It is the one day that me thinking about eating well goes out the window. This year is going to be hard though as it is so close to the wedding I am going to have to be careful to not gain 5 lbs and no longer fit into my dress :).
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I go pretty much every year, but skipped last year because we were in the middle of moving and exhausted.  I usually only go once, unless someone else suggests going.  I never turn down an invitation to the fair, especially with my dad.  He's the best fairgoer ever.

The food and the Fine Arts building and the Bazaar.  I get roped into going to the baby animal barn if I go with a certain friend, and it squicks me out.  I saw 2 placentas there last Friday in under 5 minutes!

Nope.  They wouldn't compare, anyway.

Cheese curds
    Foot long corn dog
    fresh fried potato chips
    Kiwanis malts (seriously, they're different and really addictive)
    shaved ice at the Bazaar
    mini doughnuts
    cheese on a stick
    chocolate covered bacon

I'll try pretty much anything except big hunks of meat.  At the fair, I go mostly vegetarian.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards