Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Two months left...

Hey ladies! I've been on here a few times since my engagement but everything we've done for the wedding has been really spaced out so I haven't really thought to ask for help. But, now that I'm two months from the day, I'm finding myself in panic mode and hoping you guys will have some advice for me. First, I have no decorations for my ceremony. Are they necessary/does anyone have any ideas? We're on a budget so hadn't really thought about decorations but now I'm looking at pictures and thinking I want them. Second, does anyone have a good template or idea for a day of itinerary? TIA!
Photobucket
BabyFruit Ticker
Anniversary

Re: Two months left...

• edited December 2011
    We did very minimal decorations for the ceremony. Our church is very old school tradition so adding decorations would have taken away from the detail of the church itself. We did however, have an aisle runner ($30 or $40 I believe from Michaels) and then my DOC made pew bows that went on every other pew. That was it. Can you post or link us to pictures of your ceremony site? Depending on the location you may not need decorations.

I can show you mine day of itinerary which is was also minimal. Just a word document listing times.
  • meaganandchadmeaganandchad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I suppose ceremony location would help-sorry! We're getting married in the "Tent" at The Mermaid in Mounds View. Our reception is in the Atlantis Ballroom across the hall. I was thinking about making some of those pomade (really not sure if that's what they're called) flower balls to hang on the ends of our rows but I'm not sure how hard they are to make. Our colors are "horizon" and "watermelon" from David's Bridal too. Here's a link for The Mermaid: http://mermaidminnesota.com/garden_tent_gallery.htm

Another thing-We're getting married at the end without any windows and the coordinator says they will provide some greenery (a few fake trees in pots). My aunt bought a lighted arch that she's decorating with toole and ribbon in our colors but that's all the decorating we have.
    Photobucket
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    we're getting married in the Saint Paul Hotel and ran into this problem as we were planning our event. We needed to actually create a ceremony space where we could get married. We're using large vases with curly willow to define the aisle area and a large archway of gingko trees at the front that will be accented with pink pomander balls and up-lighting. It took a lot of creative thought to make sure the ceremony space would be inviting warm and interesting. Our florist, Martha of Martha's Gardens, came up with the archway idea. She's brilliant.
  • edited December 2011

I'm in the same spot time-wise you are so I feel ya about the panic mode!

For ceremony decorations I think it totally depends on your space. We're getting married at the gorgeous Nazareth chapel so all we're doing is an aisle runner I painted awhile back, candelabras down the aisle that the chapel provides, and a couple small alter arrangements that are doubling as centerpieces at the reception.

For the day of itenerary I actually just finished obsessing over mine! I spent a full hour and a half to two hours a couple of weeks ago putting it together. PM me your email address and I'll send mine your way if you'd like it.

HTH and happy last couple of weeks of planning!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards