Ohio-Columbus
Options

Printing Invitations

Hello everyone,

My FI and I have decided that we want to DIY our own invitations, we are looking to put 4 cardstocks (a little smaller than 5x7) and put them together with our invitations, accomadations, directions, and reception information on each. (if you have seen my will you be my bridesmaid card? in my bio, it is like those) Anywho, he does not want to print them on an injet printer because they might smudge and wants to go to like fedex or staples to print them. Does anyone know about how much those places cost or if you think it would be ok to print on an ink jet printer.

Thanks!

Re: Printing Invitations

• Options
    jnkreagerjnkreager member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just had our STDs printed at Monks Printing and it was around $50 for 230 of them.  We also got a quote from Key Blueprints, and it was going to be around $100, but they were going to use nice, metallic paper.  FYI, it gets kind of confusing when figuring out the weight of the paper so feel free to ask for samples so you can hold them in your hands before you make a decision.

Another option would be to use vistaprint or something similar.  I have heard really great things about them in terms of pricing and quality. 

I would definitely recommend getting them printed somewhere though.  Such a nicer end product for a nominal cost.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    csh96csh96 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hear its cheaper to go with a local printing shop versus a place like Staples.  I did call them for mine and they wanted almost a $1 per page for heavy cardstock in color.
    image &nbsp ? image
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    itsallnice421itsallnice421 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I printed my Save the Dates, Accomodations, and RSVP cards at Staples. They also cut and trimmed them for me. I think I ended up paying about $100 total for roughly 100 of each, since we could fit multiple copies on one sheet of paper.

However, they wouldn't print my invitations on the paper I wanted. They're only allowed to use Xerox-approved paper, so I ended up printing the invitations themselves at Monk's (100ish for $25), and in my opinion they look WAY better than what we got at Staples. I wish I would have done everything at Monk's because it looks better and was cheaper. The ones from Staples just look a bit saturated, in my opinion.

Sorry for the long-winded response, but I just went through this last week!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    staples is great for either simple printing (no fancy paper) or corporate work but i agree with other ladies that local print shops get an A plus here. or you can upload your designs on vistaprint.com and do it that way.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions i will look into Monks :)
  • Options
    Brit12Brit12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    It's cheaper and also perfectly fine to print on an inkjet. You might get a couple smudges so you'll have to print a few extra but in the end you'll still be saving money.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did our invites =) but we bought pocketfolds from cardsandpockets.com
    I totally suggest it!! my invites are in my bio if you wanna look
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Think a friend did Kinkos for .09 cents each but it was black ink only.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards