Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Instant Request DJ

Has anyone used Instant Request DJ?  Did you like them?

We got a quote for $775 if we book before the new year. Is that a good deal? I've seen some other DJs advertise cheaper, but couldn't find many reviews.
Uplighting is $35 each if we decide to add that on.

I really want someone who is able to keep the dance going, but without doing cheesy games or talking a lot.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Instant Request DJ

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We just booked with them a month ago for the same price - our wedding is in October 2012.  I really felt comfortable with them and they were not using a gimic on their pricing like other vendors had done with us.  It really is $775 if you book by the end of the year, and then I believe it goes up several hundred dollars. 

I have only heard good things, but our meeting with them really is what convinced us.  We just felt comfortable and everything is planned out - so no surprises.  I also do not want cheesy games, or the dollar dance/bouquet toss, etc.  And their planner allows you to choose that to a T - as someone who is definitely into details, I cannot wait to get the event planner all finished.  I also appreciated that they didn't try to email and call us multiple times after we first made contact, they just sent info in the mail and we set up an appointment a couple weeks later.  They seem very professional and I also liked that they are very familiar with our venue.

Good luck on your decision!
  • Options
    PS I noticed you are getting married the same day as me!  :)   I think we might have connected before.  Instant Request mentioned they tend to book up for October around February, just as an FYI.  
  • Options
    I was just at my cousins wedding this past weekend and they used Instant Request.  I don't know the DJ's name although in talking to him I noticed a slight accent and he said he was from out East. He dressed in a suit and looked very professional and did a good job with requests, the toasts, keeping people on the dance floor without talking a lot or being cheesy, etc.  I didn't hear any complaints.  We are going with Nightlife Entertainment though because they are including cocktail and dinner music as well as unlimited time for $595.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options

My FI and I decided about a month of so ago that we are going with them. The meeting with them was wonderful, and that is when they sold me on their services. Everything was very professional, yet you can tell that they like to have a good time and enjoy what they do.

Lately I've been playing around with the songs on their website, which is very easy and a great tool (it's reduced a lot of stress!!).

BTW...great day to pick for your wedding...mine is the night before :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_instant-request-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:4beda50e-d9b7-430b-adcb-d556139f4746Post:15721ef3-55bf-4dc6-a31b-80877a180315">Re: Instant Request DJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]PS I noticed you are getting married the same day as me!  :)   I think we might have connected before.  Instant Request mentioned they tend to book up for October around February, just as an FYI.  
    Posted by Lang125[/QUOTE]

Yes, I remember! Woohoo date twins :)  Soo if we book with them before the 31st, when do we find out who we get for a DJ & meet them?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think as soon as you finish your event planner, they can match you up with a DJ closer to the date.   The event planner is very detailed and long, so it's going to take some time.  And you would want to take your time so that everything goes the way you would like.  You can even select how chatty you would like your DJ to be!  Another thing we liked is you can pick a list of songs and select some as must plays, but the ones that are on your list and not necessarily must plays - they can figure out what other songs would be good or better based off the type you have selected.  It is a science they explained to us, but I am glad because I appreciate things like that....anyways, back to your question!  

I believe if you have it done, you could meet your DJ the month before - possibly earlier, but their standard is about 3 weeks before the wedding. 
  • Options
    I'm using them for our wedding coming up in two weeks. Our DJ just called me today to see if it was a good time to go over all the details, but since I was out Christmas shopping I said it would be better to talk next week. He was totally flexible, very helpful, just wanted to make sure I was comfortable with the timeframe we're on now.

We booked them for $595 for the night because of a special they were running (I think you had to book by Sept 2011 to get it though). Their event planner is fantastic -- very detailed and they even give you suggestions on what to do for certain parts of the night in case you're looking for ideas! They also try really hard to match you up with a DJ that will fit your event and your personalities.

I also appreciated that they didn't try to "sell me" on them. They gave me all their information as I requested it and were very polite and helpful, but I didn't feel pressured to use them at all, or to book quickly before their special ran out. I would highly recommend them!
  • Options
    Never heard of them but that does seem like a great deal.

• Options
    We are getting married October 2012 and were deciding between Instant Request and Midwest Sound--- We chose midwest sound because they priced us at 695 for 3 hours of cocktail/dinner music and 4 hours of dancing which is exactly what we need. Also, they were #1 on our reception site's list--- also, IR added on a travel fee, which Midwest waived for us. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards