Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

renting wooden tables?

Hello,

We are planning a farm wedding at a friends farm and need to rent all the tables, chairs, tents, etc... to go with it. I am looking for a place near the Twin Cities (farm is near Stillwater) that rents wooden tables--the hefty ones with real wooden legs, not just wooden tops. Ideally, we'd like to have the wood show through and not have to even put table cloths over them...

Or other ideas for table rentals that would look aged/artisanal/vintage rather than the normal plastic-looking ones you get at most rental places?

Perhaps an impossible quest, but thought I'd at least ask!

Margaret

Re: renting wooden tables?

• Options
    I don't know about wood tables. but if you run into a dead end, an alternate could be the material you use for the table cloths, look into Natural Muslin, Burlap, Natural looking canvas ... Etc. Fabrics that give off a rustic vibe.
  • Options
    Try Lime Canary Rentals first- since I know they have vintage things. Or, I know for sure that Juliane James Place in Finlayson, MN has them available at their location- not sure that they would rent them and/or haul them somepalce else, but it's the only place that has fully wooden tables that I know of. 

You can see them on their facebook page: Alyson is the owner, who you'd talk to. 
    (She's my wedding planner!)
  • Options
    To follow up on Kelly's super thoughtful mention, we built tables for our own wedding in July 2011 and then started renting out our property for weddings and people liked our tables so much that we then built some to live in Minneapolis and rent here.  Here is a link to our rental page for them: <a rel="nofollow" href="http://julianejames.com/Minnesota_Destination_Wedding_Venue/Juliane_James_Place_Table_Rentals.html">http://julianejames.com/Minnesota_Destination_Wedding_Venue/Juliane_James_Place_Table_Rentals.html</a>

Your date has already passed and I'm sure your wedding was beautiful (farm wedding always are, right?!) but I thought this might help some future brides!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_renting-wooden-tables?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:4ca6f1b4-191c-4abf-aab5-61ee48e4dff8Post:b64590b4-75d0-4168-a47e-fd83406377fa">renting wooden tables?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello, We are planning a farm wedding at a friends farm and need to rent all the tables, chairs, tents, etc... to go with it. I am looking for a place near the Twin Cities (farm is near Stillwater) that rents wooden tables--the hefty ones with real wooden legs, not just wooden tops. Ideally, we'd like to have the wood show through and not have to even put table cloths over them...   Or other ideas for table rentals that would look aged/artisanal/vintage rather than the normal plastic-looking ones you get at most rental places? Perhaps an impossible quest, but thought I'd at least ask! Margaret
    Posted by margaretyricardo[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards