Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Show me your...

Reception shoes!

After dancing the night away at FB & SIL's wedding on Saturday, I found out I need to have some AMAZING shoes at our wedding.  I literally had to call into work today because my legs hurt so bad & I can barely walk!  No fun!  = /

I have these shoes for the ceremony...

And I knew I wouldn't be wearing them all day.  I figured I'd just wear some flip flops, but now I'm realizing I'll need something a bit more substantial!

What are you/did you wear at the reception?  PIP much appreciated!

TIA ladies!!  = )

Re: Show me your...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was going to find some cute flats... so far nothing has jumped out at me. I was just happy to find the heels for the ceremony! Took me several months to find those. I wore one of my shoe options to my shower on Saturday and after about 4 hours my feet were killing me so I know I need some flats too.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    aligrossaligross member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting a new pair of Nike tennis shoes in September... and I'll be wearing those for the reception... I too know I need some sturdy shoes for dancing and mingling!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree- I heard from another bride that wore my exact shoes that they become really uncomfortable pretty quick. So, I may throw on some Nikes at some point, or at the very least, bring a different pair of heels that I have really broken in and are more comfortable. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a tea length dress so I can't pack my tennis shoes... Frown 

That is the biggest problem with short dresses is your shoe choice becomes a very big decision!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I cheated and wore my coach sneakers the entire day. MAN was I glad. I never sat down after dinner except to pee and that was <1min haha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_show-12?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:4e69c142-c6fd-4afb-9e4b-664770015b48Post:e36453a9-fab3-4e6f-b451-029b79620538">Re: Show me your...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I cheated and wore my coach sneakers the entire day. MAN was I glad. I never sat down after dinner except to pee and that was <1min haha
    Posted by shan87[/QUOTE]

I know Shan, I remember you saying that you barely sat down!  I kept thinking of that, as my legs & feet were killing me.  And this wasn't even my wedding, so I know I'll be running around even more come September!  I need to find something comfy like that, or I'm going to be in some major pain!  = )
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I plan on wearing my shoes all day long. I purposely got a pair with really low heels so that I could dance and go up stairs in them. I will pack a backup pair of flip flops just in case. 

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    These are my reception shoes. 

BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I plan to switch into either white or pink flats. Depends on what I find when I start looking. :) But I deff want something comfy to change into.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you ever tried some cute shoes from the Born brand? They make more comfort friendly shoes without being too old ladyish. I got some wedges for the summer and they are amazing. They have a lot of flats and cute low heele options. DSW has the brand, you should check them out!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Musu - I've never heard of that brand, but I will check it out for sure!  Thanks!
  • Options
    wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wore sketchers the whole time and couldn't have been more comfortable.  They were my "something blue"  DH and I were in the photobooth so please ignore the fact that he's wearing a boa.  *grin*  The other pic is my old, new, borrowed, and blue (except the new which was my dress).

• Options
    lboerner88lboerner88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wore heels for the ceremony and pictures and then flip flops for the reception. It worked out great for me!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am going to buy these SUPER COMFY Nike sandals!!!  I have them in black and I just love them so much...they are really inexpensive also and I know I'll be wearing them again after the wedding.  DSW has them and that is where I will be getting them because I have a coupon :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It sounds awful, but I ended up barefoot!  I had really cute slippers to change into, but I just never did.  Once the band started I was on the dance floor from 8-12:45 and kicked off my heels at some point and placed them on stage...never even thought about asking for my slippers :) haha, too much fun!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wore my trusty old pair of Born sandals.  They're kind of like flip flops, but with more substance in the middle.  I had to watch myself when I walked, though, since it was a 4" difference and I didn't want to step on the front hem of my dress.  I can't say enough good things about Born shoes.  I have so many pairs.
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here are mine, I added on the white flowers cause they originally had some ugly buckle things on them so had to cover up the glue spot.  They were on clearance at Macy's.  They're wedges, so should be comfy and give me some height.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards