Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

E-Pics Outfits?

FI and I have our e-pic session scheduled with Spencer Combs in September, so I'm starting to think about what we should wear.  I hate everything in my closet right now, mostly because I haven't bought anything new since Christmas time (I'm not good at spending money on myself and have been putting all extra towards the wedding fund instead).  So I'm definitely going to need to go out and buy something to wear. 

I was thinking of a simple solid color cardigan, a cami and dark jeans with fun jewelry, but I'm not sure what would really photograph well.  I want to be comfortable and not stray too far away from what FI and I would wear normally.  Although I am considering a dress as well if we decide to do an outfit change.

What did you wear?  How about FI?  Why did you decide on that particular outfit?

Re: E-Pics Outfits?

• edited December 2011
    I think your outfit sounds perfect! I love bright colors in photos!

For ours, we did an outfit change. I don't think it's necessary to do one but if you have an option is it nice to have the variation in the photos. For our outfits, look in my bio under our engagement pics. HTH!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
  • edited December 2011
    P.S. Target has some really cute, solid cardigans that are very reasonable. And New York & Company has really fun necklaces!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
  • jessicamoserjessicamoser member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did 1 dressy outfit and 1 casual outfit.  I attached pics of both.  We coordinated but weren't matchy-matchy.  I also did some chunky jewelry and a cute belt. Fun accessories really come through well in photographs!

Jessica 10/2/2010!
    My Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    We both wore jeans and button ups. I had one pink and one blue - FI wore a Blue and White button up. We also took ours last Valentines Day though and indoors. If you are taking them outdoors I would advise they be weather appropriate- which for sept it sounds like. (may be chilly for a dress) I love the sound of yours.

Pics in avatar and on my BIO. I didn't get the release but you can find some of our pictures at  http://mattmartinphotography.com/blog/shannon-david-engaged/

Full Disclosure : FI and I got into a huge argument with his parents on the way and I ended up crying all my make up off. But we were only looking for 1 for our STD and found it. We also only had 30 mins as the location kicked us out.
  • laura_fettlaura_fett member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had four outfits, probably overkill, but I liked the way they turned out! We did two dressy two casual. I have to say that my dress outfit was my favorite, I love how those turned out! PIB. If you two are more casual go that way.

One thing to consider is that if you do outfit changes, you'll probably be changing in public, so make sure your comfortable with that. I had an under shirt that I kept on the whole time, so that wasn't a big deal for me, and was able to put my shirt or dress on before I took off my pants, just something else to consider. GL!
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest an outfit change.  If you put together a photobook for your guest book, it's nice to be able to switch the pictures up.  Otherwise it can get a little boring.  We wore jeans and I had a white tank top that I kept on at all times.  I put a button shirt over it for one and a sweater for another.  DH wore a Tshirt with a sports jacket for one and then a Tshirt with a button down for the other.
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Layering is good too! We did ours in the middle of winter when it was like 20 below outside. FI and I both had black wool coats that we wore. We each wore our scarves and mittens also. He wore jeans, and I wore black bootcut cords with my fave heels (silver glitter mary janes).

Then for our inside shots (sans coat), he had on a red button down with an argyle sweater (red, grey, charcoal). I wore a red fitted tee with a grey cardi over that and jewelry to match. Our colors were coordinating, but not tooo matchy matchy.

Having the outdoor shots with our coats on kept it interesting, but helped us to avoid the annoyance of a costume change haha. If you do go for the change, make sure you wear stuff that is easy to get into and out of. It may be useful to keep it similar in style or color so that you don't have to completely switch out your jewelry or can maybe wear the same shoes.
  • tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_e-pics-outfits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:52466d8c-5693-4441-86d7-e565402822bbPost:24f7c9c9-67fc-4a92-a416-9500070e51bf">Re: E-Pics Outfits?</a>:
    [QUOTE]P.S. Target has some really cute, solid cardigans that are very reasonable. And New York & Company has really fun necklaces!
    Posted by veijes[/QUOTE]

I love NY&C necklaces! And their clothes. They seem to always have good sales and coupons, I highly suggest signing up for their mailing list before you go shopping. Most of the time they have a current coupon that's good for $30 off a $75 purchase.

Now that I'm looking, I've got one for $30 off a $75 purchase, $70 off a $150 purchase 8/26-8/30. From 8/31-9/6 you can get $25 off a $75 purchase or $60 off a $150 purchase. I'm not planning on using it; I'd be happy to send it to you if you'd like it.
  • edited December 2011
    We did 3 outfits: jeans, casual t-shirts, and tennis shoes for our laundromat photos; khakis and a white button up for him and a green, nicer dress for me for the Guthrie; and a casual dress for me, polo and jeans for him for Mill City
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We're going to do FI in a polo shirt (my nickname for him is Cap'n Polo Shirt) and me in a black button-down with some funky jewlery, both of us in jeans.  It would look the most like us, and I don't want to stray from what we normally look like.  We both hate having our picture taken (although FI is really cute, just painfully shy, and I never look good), so we'll probably pick out one good shot and scrap the rest, so we can use it on our STDs.
  • edited December 2011
    Everyone told me to wear a solid color and dark jeans... but I wore a printed dress :P  I think it looked great, mostly because it looked like me.  I don't really wear jeans.  I wear dresses. 

I would wear something figure flattering and "you." 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards