Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Minneapolis Seamstress for Alterations?

Hi!
I need to get my wedding dress altered, but am looking for recommendations from people. To save on cost, I'd like to go through a seamstress, rather than a bridal store, but am a little nervous about the quality? Any insight or recommendations on who to use would help! I'd be willing to travel around the metro if needed!
Thanks,
Myra

Re: Minneapolis Seamstress for Alterations?

• edited December 2011
    I used Louise Kegley and she's fantastic! Super reasonable in price, too, and she's own Best of Minnesota Bride for Alterations several years in a row now. I paid $160 for a hem, bustle, cups, and fixing the intricate straps of my dress.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • KOM11KOM11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Perfect timing on this post!

I need a new alterations lady for my 9-10-11 wedding - Legg or soemone can you send me Louise's info?! Need to see if she can save me...
  • KOM11KOM11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay, so I did the smart thing and did a search and found it :)
  • mjschoenmjschoen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Really? We almost did 9.10.11! :)  Now, we decided on 10.21.11. 

Thanks, leggwilliams! Do you have her # or email address? I just searched it, but the one I found and called was disconnected?

Myra
  • aabrahams7aabrahams7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brenda with Amazing Alterations is suuuper fun and decently priced. She is located in Anoka/Ramsey area. Let me know if you would like her contact information.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    KOM, was it the 2387 number? 
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Louis has a wedding of her own, unfortunately, and won't be taking any more until after November. :( So, Abrahams7, Yes! I'd love Brenda's information. 
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_minneapolis-seamstress-alterations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:5336e2e4-e15e-4a60-9c8c-3152169f4283Post:cc7e1a95-bf33-48da-bb8b-48d6968da1ef">Re: Minneapolis Seamstress for Alterations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Louis has a wedding of her own, unfortunately, and won't be taking any more until after November. :( So, Abrahams7, Yes! I'd love Brenda's information. 
    Posted by mjschoen[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, her daughter is getting married! I forgot about that/didn't know if or when she would be stopping taking clients for the time being.

For anyone else's reference, she doesn't answer emails very well but her phone number is 651-739-2387
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • KOM11KOM11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_minneapolis-seamstress-alterations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:5336e2e4-e15e-4a60-9c8c-3152169f4283Post:cc7e1a95-bf33-48da-bb8b-48d6968da1ef">Re: Minneapolis Seamstress for Alterations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Louis has a wedding of her own, unfortunately, and won't be taking any more until after November. :( So, Abrahams7, Yes! I'd love Brenda's information. 

Bah!

Can I have her info too?!

I'm 12 days away from my wedding and my current seamstress cannot get my dress right! I go in for my 8th fitting tomorrow and the dress is coming with me if it isn't perfect - I am not hopeful.
  • KinaB19KinaB19 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Sharon with Twin Cities Bridal Alterations -- she does it out of her home in Inver Grove Heights. I highly recommend her. Let me know if you'd like her contact info!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes! Can you send me her info?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you send me Brenda's info. as well?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_minneapolis-seamstress-alterations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:5336e2e4-e15e-4a60-9c8c-3152169f4283Post:e72bf9f8-7ced-4e36-80d0-a70de848f30d">Re: Minneapolis Seamstress for Alterations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Brenda with Amazing Alterations is suuuper fun and decently priced. She is located in Anoka/Ramsey area. Let me know if you would like her contact information.
    Posted by aabrahams7[/QUOTE]

I also used her and picked up my dress today and she did awesome and was cheap!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_minneapolis-seamstress-alterations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:5336e2e4-e15e-4a60-9c8c-3152169f4283Post:5eb6c028-841f-47a6-87e1-bb155766276b">Re: Minneapolis Seamstress for Alterations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can you send me Brenda's info. as well?

Amazing Alterations 763-464-7814
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Dude, how cheap is cheap you guys?  I'm using Brenda and am paying $315 for a hem, bustle, cups, taking in the top and steaming.  I didn't feel like that was very cheap...but maybe I have unrealistic expectations?
  • edited December 2011
    BRENDA. Amazing!!!!!!!! :) Paid only $90 for an 8 pt bustle plus strap adjustment. @SarahMarie - probably depends on the fabric you have... seems like a good price still w/ all that work to do...

12/17/86 - "Once upon a time...." 10/08/11 - "Happily ever after..." imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker White Knot Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards