Ohio-Columbus
Options

Church locations in Newark

My FI is looking for a church wedding. This is his one MUST have. Does anyone know of a church in the Newark/Heath/Buckeye Lake/Granville area that rents for weddings whether you're a member there or not? We don't need anything fancy, just need somewhere.lol

Also looking for a CHEAP (lol budget is running low) reception location that will accomodate a small crowd of mayb 125 people?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Church locations in Newark

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What type of church? My friends got married at a Catholic churc in Newark as that is where his wife is originally from.
  • Options
    sott0655sott0655 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It doesn't really matter, but we're not Catholic if that helps. I don't really care about where tho. LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Christ United Methodist Church at the corner of Cedar St. & Main St. does not require you to be members of their church to get married there--I don't know how much it costs to rent, but I know it's probably not too expensive. My sister was married there in 2007, and her wedding was very low budget as well, and there were just under 100 guests (but would easily fit 125). It's a gorgeous church, and it has a reception hall underneath the sanctuary!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and you could also check out Pleasant View UMC (it's about 5 miles north of Newark on SR 79)--I know it rents out pretty cheap, don't have to be a member, etc. It's a small country church, and it would be a full house at 125, but it also has a reception hall underneath the sanctuary. HTH
  • Options
    sott0655sott0655 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tyvm. We are pushing our date back to June due to my mother being given a terminal diagnosis and placed in hospice, but I'm still planning. June isn't too far off.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_church-locations-newark?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:112Discussion:5b876b66-a2bc-4f44-9376-43bd7af5ca43Post:e2858bc1-5ba2-4169-906e-879a2c3dc14b">Re: Church locations in Newark</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tyvm. We are pushing our date back to June due to my mother being given a terminal diagnosis and placed in hospice, but I'm still planning. June isn't too far off.
    Posted by sott0655[/QUOTE]

Oh goodness, I am so sorry to hear that. Prayers to you and your Mom.
  • Options
    sott0655sott0655 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We talked about pushing the date with friends and family (including my Mom) and for now it's staying the same. She doesn't want us to put off "our" day because of this. She wants some happiness right now so we're keeping it in Feb. As it gets closer, we'll re-evaluate if needed tho. I am not sending out invites till end of Dec/early Jan so that gives plenty of time for things to change.

Calling the two churches mentioned tomorrow. Wish me luck! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards