Ohio-Columbus
Options

Card Box?

What are everyones thoughts on card boxes? I have of course seen them at weddings before but cant say that I paid much attention to how they were made and deocrated?

Re: Card Box?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We bought ours with a coupon at Party City. I have also seen them at Hobby Lobby and Michael's. I am not a huge DIY, but I know it can be done. You may want to try posting this on the DIY board as well, those ladies over there are wonderful. Also check out other knotties bios bc some of them give really detailed DIY directions.
  • Options
    BrittBritt22BrittBritt22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the look of the birdcage ones.  They are also really easy to DIY.
    That said, we went the easy way and bought one at Michael's.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FSIL got married this past weekend, and one of her cousins made hers out of wire:

I think it turned out pretty well
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For our card box, we are reusing my sister's cardbox from her 2008 wedding.  Her card box was made with 4 picture frames with e-pics in them, and a padded top.  They are on a turntable so it can spin around.  She made it based on the directions on the Road to the Aisle blog.  I repainted her frames and reupholstered the top.  If she hadn't made it, I am not sure what I would have used, so it all worked out!  I think the bird cages are cute,  but I like how this shows some engagement pictures off.

Before:

After:

Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
  • Options
    BrittBritt22BrittBritt22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ah, BCSgal yours is insanely cute.  If you were getting married before I would totally buy that off of you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just think valentines day boxes when we were kids... easy to buy a paper mache type box cut a hole in top and wrap with beautiful paper or fabric..
  • Options
    Brit12Brit12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I made our card box - they had a perfect black and white damask print round hat box at hobby lobby for $5. I had my fiance cut a slit in the top with a razor blade (I would have inevitably cut myself), then I added black ribbon around the edges of the slit and around the outside of the box where the top met the bottom to cover the seam. Then I added a black & white engagement photo (framed in the same black ribbon) to the top of the box. It really wasn't that hard, looks awesome, and cost under $10 (and only took about an hour also!)
  • Options
    BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks BrittBritt22!  I will tell my sister, she did all the hard work for it!  I just got lucky, and was able to switch it up for my color scheme!
    Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have one for sale if you are interested.  It is jut a basic white one with a lid.  I can send a picture if you are intersted. 
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought a bird cage online at save-on-crafts.com. Or you can borrow mine, I live in Columbus!
  • Options
    Freckles27Freckles27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I purchased a vintage looking chest from JoAnn Fabrics (cream with antiquing on it) and had FI drill a slot on top.  Added some ribbon, motifs, jewels, flowers and a photo frame with an engagement photo of us and voila!  A cute cardbox XoD
  • Options
    aldavisaldavis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used a birdcage card holder from Walmart ($25).
    A
  • Options
    joydawnbjoydawnb member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We have a music theme and I LOVE the idea of putting it on a record player! :) We were going to use a vintage record carrier box with the little handle and now we can set it on a record player. Awesome idea, thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards