Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

make up help

I want to get some new foundation that will not need to be re-applied throughout the day, that won't rub off on my FI tux if I get close to him, and that will make my face look flawless (I have some freckles and blemishes I'd like to cover and I also tend to have a fair amount of darkness under my eyes). Any recommendations are greatly appreciated! I was looking at Bare Essentials, but don't know much about them. My wedding is in 2 weeks and I want to look perfect...like everyone does on their wedding day :) Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

Re: make up help

• I love bare essentials BUT its for everyday use.  My MA said that it doesn't have enough something in it to show up well on photos.  I got the Almay smart shade and it held up well for me. 
  • I wear a mineral makeup called Jane Iredale. It has great coverage and comes in liquid, pressed and loose powder. I'm pretty oily so I ususally need to touch up with their setting powder during the day. As far as it rubbing off, i've never had a problem with that. I use their setting spray so that might help. I buy it at The Day Spa in Edina and they have a make-up artist there on Saturdays that does touch ups and helps match colors. There's a place in St Paul that I think has it, too. HTH!
  • I wear MAC's Studio Finish liquid foundation.  I use an Aveda moisturizer which is pretty creamy but allows the foundation to go on smooth and not look heavy at all (if you use a good moisturizer I have found you do not need the Primer that the MAC counter tries to push). 

This foundation is the first that I think really makes my skin look perfect every day - the person who worked at the counter did a great job matching the color to my skin!
  • I used a Revlon long-wearing liquid foundation once that stayed on like nobody's business. I haven't worn foundation in a long time, so I don't remember what it was called. I always wore it over Smashbox Photo Finish primer, which I still use under my concealer. I would think that any long-lasting foundation would work well, but I would buy it soon so you have time to test drive it, snap a few photos, etc.
  • sunkiss177sunkiss177 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_make-up-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:5a6e8977-f66a-4214-8262-4a9a22d2d4efPost:653bccbb-7f5b-4172-ba54-256763615e9f">make up help</a>:
    [QUOTE]I want to get some new foundation that will not need to be re-applied throughout the day, that won't rub off on my FI tux if I get close to him, and that will make my face look flawless (I have some freckles and blemishes I'd like to cover and I also tend to have a fair amount of darkness under my eyes). Any recommendations are greatly appreciated! I was looking at Bare Essentials, but don't know much about them. My wedding is in 2 weeks and I want to look perfect...like everyone does on their wedding day :) Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
    Posted by aeseverson[/QUOTE]

<font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font><p style="margin:0in 0in 10pt;" class="MsoNormal"><font color="#000000"><font face="Calibri"><font size="3">Get airbrushed - it fits the bill perfectly.<span>  </span></font><font size="3">I cannot imagine what I would have looked like at the end of the day without it, I know I never reapplied any make-up.</font><span><font size="3">  </font></span><font size="3">It costs more, but it’s your wedding. I did buy a clear powder incase I got shiny later, but didn’t have to use it.</font><font size="3"><span>  </span><span> </span><span> </span></font><font size="3">I liked it so much and trusted it so much, that when I was in a competition last summer, I called everyone I could think of that did airbrush make-up and got it down before the competition (it was a little more active then my wedding, but my face held up great).</font><span><font size="3">  

I'll send you the contact name for the person I used if you would like - she also recommended someone who could do airbrush make-up on short notice for my competition. </font></span></font></font></p><font face="Times New Roman" size="3" color="#000000"> </font>
  • Sunkiss - I am interested in airbrush for my wedding next September. Could you PM me some info? Also, did you have someone do your hair professionally?
    Halloween
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_make-up-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:5a6e8977-f66a-4214-8262-4a9a22d2d4efPost:aec08a9f-0983-47ec-8b20-20c2081a25ce">Re: make up help</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to make up help : Get airbrushed - it fits the bill perfectly.   I cannot imagine what I would have looked like at the end of the day without it, I know I never reapplied any make-up.   It costs more, but it’s your wedding. I did buy a clear powder incase I got shiny later, but didn’t have to use it.       I liked it so much and trusted it so much, that when I was in a competition last summer, I called everyone I could think of that did airbrush make-up and got it down before the competition (it was a little more active then my wedding, but my face held up great).    I'll send you the contact name for the person I used if you would like - she also recommended someone who could do airbrush make-up on short notice for my competition.
    Posted by sunkiss177[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>That's be great to have the info. Thanks</div><div>
    </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_make-up-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:5a6e8977-f66a-4214-8262-4a9a22d2d4efPost:c0966f04-47a2-4cd2-b90f-23d6ecad2b31">Re: make up help</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: make up help : That's be great to have the info. Thanks
    Posted by aeseverson[/QUOTE]

Sent a pm to both you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards