Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Online RSVP

Looking for some suggestions and opinions, ladies :)

1.  Has anyone done this?  How did it go?  I am going to provide another option for the older guests - either phone or a postcard (see #2).  What website did you use?  Mywedding.com, the guest site for info I am using, has what looks to be like a great RSVP function, where you can enter names and meal selections, as well as a comment.  I haven't found anything online that says its unreliable - but does anyone have personal experience?

2.  Possible options for the older guests who don't regularly use the internet: 
voicemail
: we have a cell phone we don't use, only because its still under contract - so I'm thinking I could change the voicemail to something like "Thank you for calling Jenn and Greg!  We hope you can join us for our wedding on September 17th.  If you are unable to RSVP on our website, you may leave your information on this voicemail.  Please include your full name, the full name of your guest, and whether you will or will not be attending.  If you are able to attend, please also leave your choice between the following meals: beef, chicken, or vegetarian.  Thank you so much for calling, and we hope to see you in September!
postcard: we could just put in a postcard into the invitations we know will not RSVP online.

3.  How would you word the RSVP card in the invitation?  Here's what I have so far:

____ seats are reserved in your honor

Please visit our website at
www.mywedding.com/**********
to respond.  The link to our online RSVP is on the left.
You may also respond by phone, and follow the instructions
on the voicemail message: 612.***.****

Your reply is kindly requested before August Seventeenth.

Any additional suggestions or thoughts ladies??  TIA!!

My Planning Bio Updated 9.2.11
My New House Bio! Updated 5.8.11
image 356 Invited image 144 will be there! image 212 missing out image 0 holding up the show

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Online RSVP

• edited December 2011
    We are using the Knot and so far it has been going well! 
    We also had options to email or call.  I think people appreciate the options!  Also, we didn't want to do a card to save paper.
    Good luck!  I like your wording!
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • edited December 2011
    A friend of mine used The Knot and it seemed to work out wonderfully. I love the idea of being able to jump online RSVP rather than having to hastle with sending something back.
  • tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've gotten one wedding invitation that had an online RSVP. I side-eyed it, but mainly because there wasn't another option. If you give people a call or email option though, I think it would work. Especially if you'll have the phone set up like that.

If you're going this route, I don't think it would make sense to make up postcards for just the few that might not RSVP online. At that point, you may as well make up postcards for everyone.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_online-rsvp?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:5ab2fc0a-5869-4f01-93c7-169909080fbcPost:a22e908b-9e58-4dc8-bfaf-0961cdff8022">Re: Online RSVP</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've gotten one wedding invitation that had an online RSVP. I side-eyed it, but mainly because there wasn't another option. If you give people a call or email option though, I think it would work. Especially if you'll have the phone set up like that. If you're going this route,<strong> I don't think it would make sense to make up postcards for just the few that might not RSVP online. At that point, you may as well make up postcards for everyone.
    </strong>Posted by tpender13[/QUOTE]

Agree with this!  If you give the option of calling, I think that covers your basis for people that are non-internet users.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • tlbattagliatlbattaglia member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing this.  We're using mywedding.com website.  Also, for people who cannot/do not know how to use internet, we put our phone number on the invites. 
    Anniversary
  • mlschn06mlschn06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used mywedding.com and it worked really well- it was the only free rsvp site I could find that allowed people to enter in meal choices etc. It was really fun to read the comments people would put too. We sent rsvp postcards to everyone as well and I actually manually entered all of the postcards into the mywedding site because I liked how it kept everything together and was so easy to manage, plus you can export it into an excel spreadsheet when you are done. Let me know if you have any questions but overall I would definitely recommend it, I would say over 50% of our guests responded online
  • edited December 2011
    Oh good I am so happy for the positive feedback on this!!  And happy to hear that mywedding.com worked well :)  Tpender, you are probably right - as long as there is a phone call option, that will probably be enough for the non-web-savvy invitees.  I didn't know you could export the mywedding.com info into an excel spreadsheet, that is awesome!!!

Thanks so much ladies!!

My Planning Bio Updated 9.2.11
    My New House Bio! Updated 5.8.11
    image 356 Invited image 144 will be there! image 212 missing out image 0 holding up the show

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards