Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

anyone getting married outside of the metro area?

Looking for a new idea.  Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: anyone getting married outside of the metro area?

• Options
    juliels53juliels53 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm in St. Cloud. Is that outside enough? I see you may still be a student, I went there. Let me know if you want more info or help!
    In story books marriage is a happy ending. In real life it's a happy beginning. Living my happy beginning since September 18, 2010! Planning Bio & Vendor Reviews
  • Options
    debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm, Hastings. I don't know that that counts. But it's out in the country! :)
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a venue booked for our ceremony and reception but now I am rethinking everything.  I just want to be out of the city, whether it be 3 hours or 20 minutes.  I am also considering cutting my guest list to under 100 (it's at 160 now)  it just all seems too much for me as it is right now.  I want something small and intimate.  ideas?
  • Options
    kkaew816kkaew816 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Where are you getting married now? Can you still cut your guest list without changing the venue? I'm getting married in Stillwater...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married in Key West, but I think that's a bit farther than you we're looking for. There was a post not that long ago on locations like the Enchanted Barn and others along those lines. That might be a good list for you to start with.
    Number Atttending 10 image Number Declined 37 image Number Not Replied 240 image
    RSVP Date: September 1
    /image>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Bio
  • Options
    jtothelee216jtothelee216 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting  married in Hayward, WI (my hometown).  It's 2 1/2 hrs north of the cities.  We looked into a couple other places; Heartwood Conference Center in Trego, WI and Lakewoods resort in Cable, WI.  You should check them out!
  • Options
    debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @sclo - I have a spreadsheet of almost 40 venues and details on each, most of them outside the cities. We were going for a "rustic elegance" feel, so a lot of them fit that bill.

PM me with your email if you want me to send it to you.
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married in Rochester
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married in Duluth. There are tons of beautiful indoor and outdoor spaces. Our ceremony will be at the Leif Erickson Rose Garden overlooking Lake Superior and the reception will be at the Greysolon Ballroom. There are tons of great prices outside the metro. Metro locations were twice as expensive and not nearly  as nice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks everyone! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    kkae- we are getting married at the Millenium Gardens at Plymouth Creek and the reception would be in the ball room there.  Cutting down the guest list is for sure going to happen.  I'm thinking that I don't want anymore than 115 there.
  • Options
    I'm looking into getting married at Lakewoods Resort in Cable, WI. Does anyone know of anyone who got married there?
  • Options
    Has anyone gotten married in Hayward, Wi? We are from Minneapolis but my parents have a cabin in Stone Lake. I would love to find a cool rustic venue that would fut 150-200 GUESTS. please let me know! Thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards