Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

LOOOOOOVE Brett Dorrian -- Heavy PIP (Hair and Make Up trial)

Hey Ladies!

I cannot say enough amazing things about Brett. From the Moment I read her article in MN Bride - I knew she was something special. We talked several times on the phone about skin care and what I wanted me hair and make up to look like. She really got to know me. That was back in May when she was finishing up her Master's Degree in FL. She is WORTH every penny. After the make up was done she asked me what I liked and didn't made changes and notes took lots of pictures and then we went on to hair. Again she did it once took pictures showed me how it photographed we made some changes etc etc...

Anyways talk is cheap right? lets get to the PICTURES!!!

BEFORE

After Make Up (hair is setting)

Straight On

Side :)

Side and Back

Back

Back and Other Side

My Inspiration :)

FINALLY.... w/ the dress!

Yay! I felt like a bride today and wish I was going to a chapel instead of just being lame and going home. haha
Hope you enjoy. there is a link to Brett's website in my BIO. :)

Re: LOOOOOOVE Brett Dorrian -- Heavy PIP (Hair and Make Up trial)

• Options
    drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You look beautiful! I love the curls in the back!
  • Options
    lboerner88lboerner88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YAY! very pretty :) I love that you tried the dress on with the whole look :) I am going to do that too when  I do my trial run!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lboerner88 - I was also missing my dress so that prompted me to do a 2-in-1 was not easy keeping the hair in this weather let me tell you! haha

I forgot some of the dress pictures.. here are some more

• Options
    edited December 2011
    How pretty!! I love your hair! I still haven;t decided what to do. I think I want a down do.

You look beautiful!
    May 21st,2011
    "to make you feel my love"
    dreamaandavid.weebly.com/

Photo taken by Bit of Ivory Photography
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOVEEEEE the hair!!! Very pretty!! The make up looks great, too!  Like just the right amount :) you look gorgeous lady!
    June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Very pretty!  You look gorgeous!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    brink131brink131 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You look so pretty!!!! I am loving your hair!!
  • Options
    Manda529Manda529 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely gorgeous!!
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So pretty!!
    Hitched! 09.30.11
  • Options
    edited December 2011

ERGH! I sent the pictures above to my mom and she hates it. :(

take about being pushed off cloud 9. Seriously wish sometimes she was not involved in the wedding. I called FI crying this morning and he asked me to send him the pics. I had been keeping my entire look secret from him... dress, hair, make up even my shoes. Since I was feeling so crappy I sent just the hair and make up ones to him. 

On our Wedding Day, I am only going to care about his opinion. So I hope he likes the look.
    ............. stay tuned!............

• Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, Shan, I'm sorry your mom made you feel sucky! *hugs* Try to brush it off, because those pics are gorgeous!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks tpender

My FI doesn't like it either - he thinks its too much - He is being really sweet about. And wants to look at them again after work. -- But it still sucks.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The pics totally look gorgeous!!  I have that same photo as my inspiration:)  I hate when parents make us second guess ourselves.  Ugh!!  Try not to worry about it...you love it and we all think it looks amazing!!  In the moment I seriously doubt your FI is going to be concentrating on you hair/makeup anyways.  He already looks at you everyday and thinks your beautiful, why would this day be any different:)
    March 2012 January Siggy Challenge: Fav Engagement Pic Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bellaxanthebellaxanthe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Shan -
    I'm sorry your mom made you second guess yourself. I think you look beautiful.  Is she pushing for a certain look?  I'll tell you me and my mom do not see eye to eye about style, and I've learned to trust my own instincts. She wanted a big poofy princess dress, I did not, I wanted lace, she did not. I want to feel beautiful that day and I know when I am uncomfortable.  She hates my vintage look and I adore it. To each their own.  I think your mother should have never dared to say that to your face. In fact if it was my mom I would have called her on it.

Are you a more casual girl?  Perhaps the  people in your life are not used to seeing you all done up and so it's freaking them out?  If that's the case- they can get used to it.  It makes me blue that your excitement was sucked away.  I really, really think you look beautiful.  You've been dreaming about what you are going to look like on your day, trust that.
    photo c603d655-594e-44b6-a311-72f04e7a561b_zpscca2447c.jpg My Little Sweetheart Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    lboerner88lboerner88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that you should stick with it! I think you look amazing :) I don't think that it is over-the-top at all!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bell  - I am casual in every day. At my friends wedding - she did her own hair and make up the way she does it every day. Granted she is beautiful I feel like on your wedding day you should still be you but a little better you haha.

The jury is still out... I think i'll revisit when I get the pictures that Brett took with her fancy camera back. In person it was heavier than normal but I was okay with that because I am going to be in hundreds of pictures that day that will last forever.
  • Options
    maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Was your mother's complaint the same as your FI? That it was too much? If so, I think they're both crazy. I think everything was quite subtle... and if anything, I think you could punch up some of the details more. In any event, I think you look lovely.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Boo, this stinks.  If you think you look good, and obviously we all agree then I think you should go with what you originally wanted!  As PPs said they may just not be used to seein you all dolled up :)  I also agree with others that I thought both hair and make up were pretty subtle! Nothing too dramatic, just beautiful!  Luckily you have some time to make sure it's what you want and play with other looks if you feel like you need to.  And silly FI, he's going to love how you look on your weddng day even if he thinks hes not a fan of the make up and hair.  Oh boys....

June 18, 2011 Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I love my hair and will be keeping it the same - I'm going to see how the make up photgraphed on the professional camera. If it looks natural or fine than I'll keep it as is. FI has never been a fan of a lot of make up so I knew it was going to be a "shock" -- my mom is another story -- I'm still surprised the invitations say mine name instead of hers. LoL

Thanks for all the compliments ladies. :) Glad I have TK support system. haha 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You look completely fabulous, and I especially love your hair.  I've also got straight hair, so it gives me hope that I can have something with texture in it, too.   If anything, keep your hair exactly as she did it, since it's flawless.

That blows that your mom isn't on board with it, but other PPs are right, their opinions don't matter, only yours does.  You've got something like 15 people here saying you look fabulous, and that's got to count for something, right?  I fully expect my mom to be the same way, since our styles are vastly different, and I've kept her out of my planning except going dress shopping at one place with her.  In the end, it's your and your FI's day, not hers.  Do exactly what you want and don't regret it.
  • Options
    Cascasbaby53Cascasbaby53 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The funny thing is that at first I thought the picture of your make up with your hair setting was how your hair was going to be and I loved it even then!

She did a fabulous job!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You look absolutely fabulous and you couldn't be in better hands with Brett!  I went to school with her and she is not only talented but one of the nicest people!

I don't think it is too much makeup at all!  It is your wedding day and you want to have that extra bit of "wow" with your makeup- I think it looks natural yet beautiful. If your FI and mom don't like it maybe bring them to see the makeup trial in person?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love it.  Just remind your mom/FI that it has to be heavy make up for a few reasons... most of your guests will be seeing you from at least 50 feet away ;) and it's better for pictures!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards