Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

AHR wording help...ASAP!

I am finalizing my wording for the AHR invite. The reception is informal, we are having it at a local park.  The invite/details, glued to the back of a wedding picture, will be sent out with Thank you cards to those who attended the Vegas ceremony. I am sending just the picture and the details to those who did not come to Vegas. 
Here is my question: We will be inviting just over 230 people. I want enough food, but also don't want to deal with RSVP's would it be rude to put Regrets only with a number and our website? Or do you have another option? Or should I just not care about enough food, since it is a informal/open house, come when you want, leave as you want kind of thing? 
I want to print them out before I leave work tonight. 
imageimage

Congrats to my super sweet BFPB, veronicafvr, She's a SEP '11 momma

Married bio ? follow my boring blog Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: AHR wording help...ASAP!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think there would be anything rude about putting regrets only. I think that has become pretty common.
  • Options
    LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I were you, I wouldn't care and would just get enough food for 200 people - you know some won't show.  But maybe I'm too carefree - maybe you should do regrets only.  Maybe include an email address too?

What do most DW brides do for RSVPs for their AHR?  Obviously it depends on how formal it is, but this seems like it might be a common question over there - not sure!
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would for sure put your email if you do regrets only.  A lot of people won't call and say they can't make it because they will feel bad and won't want to talk/make it akward for themselves.  They won't feel as bad just shooting an email saying sorry I can't make it.

I personally think you'd want to have some type of #, especially in the summer people have trips planned or other parties to attend so you may buy food for 200 and only 130 come or you may plan for 200 and everyone ends up showing up.  I think from a cost standpoint you would want to know so you don't buy tons of extra food.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards