Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Meteorite wedding band?

We still need to go buy his wedding band, and he saw something on Reddit about a man who had a wedding band made out of metals from a meteorite.  He wasn't too interested in his ring before, but he's pretty excited about THAT idea!  His only reservation is not really wanting to order anything online-he'd like to see what that type of metal looks like in person.

Is anyone aware of a store in the Twin Cities area that carries meteorite wedding bands?

Re: Meteorite wedding band?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_meteorite-wedding-band?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:67e1d0ea-16e6-41e4-acff-391111d4307fPost:cc732c99-3891-4ce6-91df-308a29fb3ce2">Meteorite wedding band?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We still need to go buy his wedding band, and he saw something on Reddit about a man who had a wedding band made out of metals from a meteorite.  He wasn't too interested in his ring before, but he's pretty excited about THAT idea!  His only reservation is not really wanting to order anything online-he'd like to see what that type of metal looks like in person. Is anyone aware of a store in the Twin Cities area that carries meteorite wedding bands?
    Posted by mattylovesmilly[/QUOTE]

Arthur's Jeweler's in Roseville has some.  They are on Lexington and Larpenteur.  I think they are pretty cool :-)
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • Options
    They're made by Chris Ploof.  They take 6 weeks or so to get them in, but they are very cool.  Pretty expensive though.  The one we ordered was around $2K. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_meteorite-wedding-band?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:67e1d0ea-16e6-41e4-acff-391111d4307fPost:b85ffa38-6509-4658-b84a-8f5e9cf75722">Re: Meteorite wedding band?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Meteorite wedding band? : Arthur's Jeweler's in Roseville has some.  They are on Lexington and Larpenteur.  I think they are pretty cool :-)
    Posted by Fluffernut[/QUOTE]

I don't know anything specifically about meteorite rings, but Arthur's had by far the biggest selection of men's bands of any store I looked at. (The other stores I checked out were probably every jewelry store/counter at MOA and Wedding Day Diamonds.) After hearing what a great experience H had there buying my ring and after seeing a not-so-great selection at other stores, I went there. The service was fantastic; I highly recommend them.
  • Options
    Thanks for the recommendations.  You were right about how expensive they are though...wow.  I think that dream might be over.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards