Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

DIY paper lanterns w/lights?

Has anyone attempted to purchase their own paper lanterns & string lights and string them from the ceiling themselves? Where did you buy them?
I found out how ridiculously expensive it is to rent the lit paper lanterns & wondered if it's worth a DIY attempt.

Thank you! :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DIY paper lanterns w/lights?

• Options
    pinkshayapinkshaya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ikea sells them, but it might add up pretty quick, check out lunabazaar.com they have tons of paper lanters and stuff. I've been thinking of getting a few things from them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    Cackle6Cackle6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When is your wedding? I got a TON of paper lanterns in all different colors from The Christmas Tree Shoppe for my birthday party this summer. There were only $1.00 for the larger ones, and then went down in price from there for the medium and small ones. And that was regular price, not on sale!

It's pretty easy to use them with christmas lights, I had no problem hanging them from our trees out back. What color lanterns are you looking for and how many?

Oh also, a friend of mine used hundreds of lanterns for her barn wedding, and got them all from Hobby Lobby for very cheap. I miss Hobby Lobby, they have such great stuff! 
  • Options
    TCbride1TCbride1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! I'll definitely look into those. I'll probably go for champagne or ivory colored lanterns, so hopefully they will be cheaper since they aren't a season-specific color.  My wedding isn't until next October, so I should have plenty of time to wait for good deals during the off season. Thanks again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards