Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Millennium Hotel

FI and I toured this venue today for possible ceremony/reception.  I haven't heard much from knotties about this place.  Is this a bad thing? The "dome" room seemed quite spectacular for a sunset ceremony and reception location.  The downtown views are breathtaking! 

Has anyone been to a wedding there or is anyone planning a wedding at this venue?  Honest opinions always appreciated :)

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Millennium Hotel

• Options
    LinzstyleLinzstyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is where we are getting married.  =)  April 30th.  I love it...it's totally "us"
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kristigileskristigiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hey linz make sure your bio is the published link...its bringing me to my own weebly website!
    August 14, 2010 image*PLANNING* *MARRIED*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been to a reception there.  The wedding was at a church.  The cocktail hour was in the dome - AMAZING.  Loved the dome/views, etc.  The reception was in the basement and it totally felt like a basement with the low ceilings and no windows.  If you were having all your stuff in the dome I'd so go for it.
  • Options
    KikiTopazKikiTopaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My daughter had her reception booked at Millenium but changed her mind. (we lost the deposit) Her ceremony is at the Conservatory/Como Park so we decided to change the reception site to Como also to make it easier on oot guests.  The dome at Millenium is beautiful!

• Options
    mpls6256mpls6256 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I put down a deposit at the Millennium hotel for a summer ceremony and reception in 2010. I love the venue and the event coordinator is awesome to work with. I fell in love with the dome and the downtown skyline as the backdrop. The view of the skyline during the ceremony means very little is needed for decorating. The only reason I may back out of this venue is because of the cost. Since my fiance and I are paying for the wedding and reception ourselves, I no longer think this venue will work with our budget. Anyone looking for a summer venue at this place? Hit me up and I can tell you which date in August I may be giving up later this week.
    juliee3733 at hotmail.

Julie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we're most likely booking our wedding at the millenium-- both the ceremony and the reception, for the fall of 2010. i'm also looking for feedback from ppl that have had or been to weddings here. it's beautiful! but pricey..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, everyone for the great info.  Kiki ~ I'm so sorry you lost the deposit there but Como will be so beautiful!  Julie...I know the stress of paying for a wedding on your own ~ my FI and I are doing the same.  Now that we've toured a few places, I find the prices at the Millennium to be fairly reasonable (we're considering renting all 3 rooms on the 14th floor).  I like the idea of the ceremony, reception, AND hotel all in one location ~ no hassle of shuttling people around.  And, yes, the dome room is AMAZING!!  I asked the coordinator there what the average total cost is AFTER fees, taxes, tips, etc (which is a very important question I've been learning to ask!!).  I'd be happy to share that info with anyone who might be interested.  It's still in the running for us...we'll see!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Olivehim - That'd be great to hear about what you found out, pricing etc.  The Dome looks amazing and I just love the sukyline views.  Any info you want to give would be great!  Thanks...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards