Ohio-Columbus
Options

Florist contract

I just met with Flowers on Orchard Lane.  I really loved her ideas and the prices seemed reasonable so I think we're going to go with them.  The weird thing was that they didn't give us a contract to sign.  She just photocopied the notes she took during our meeting as our agreement.  It has all the prices and the flowers she's going to use on it but I still think this is weird.  There's no legal wording anywhere on it.  She didn't even sign it! 
Do you think this is weird as well?  What did your florists do?
I think I'm going to at least go back in and have her sign it.

Re: Florist contract

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I've never heard of anyone doing this.  Is this the document that you got after giving the deposit or have you not given money yet?  Maybe after you put down money they'll have a formal contract. 
    I'm going with Flowers on Springtree Lane and when I gave my deposit, I had a contract that had the breakdown of the cost of the flowers, all of the flowers I plan to use, etc., and it was signed by both myself and the flower people.  When it comes to something as expensive as weddings, I would definitely make sure that every document gets signed, no matter how big or small.  I know that FOOL usually comes highly recommended, so I'm sure that they shouldn't have a problem signing the document. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My florist didn't have a contract either and we had no problems.  She typed out the notes and sent them to me for my approval.   I went with a smaller company so I think they are proud to run on trust.  However, if it makes you nervous, just ask for a contract before you put down a deposit.  I am sure they would be happy to oblige you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If she doesn't want to give you a contract you can always supply your own. This could get overwhelming, so be sure to ask first.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used them for our wedding. When you actually say you're going to go with them and give them a deposit, they mail you a contract to sign. They give you one copy and the other you keep. They keep the initial consultation (the notes Jan gave you) on file and then they go over it with you again before you book. They send you a typed copy, along with your contract. 

We were very pleased with them, and FOOL prices were better than the other florists we looked at and we got more flowers for the same price with them. The flowers were gorgeous, and they were flexible and attentive whenever I contacted them. If you have any questions about our experience with them, feel free to PM me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards