Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Silk/fake flowers

I'm looking for a place to get some nice (but somewhat cheap) fake flowers. I've looked at a lot of the big places like Michael's, Walmart, etc. I did get some daisies at Michael's today because they were on clearance so if I don't use them for my bouquet, I could find another use for them. Does anyone know of another place to look for fake flowers in the cities (preferably the southeastern area, I'm in Eagan at the moment)?

I'm also looking for cake toppers if anyone knows of a good place to get one!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Follow Me on Pinterest
Planning Bio

Re: Silk/fake flowers

• Options
    I've heard great things about the flowers at Hobby Lobby but as far as I know, the closest one to the cities is out in Rochester. 
  • Options
    Bride to Be Consignment in Burnsville has a whole section of pre-owned wedding decor and silk flowers.
  • Options
    JoAnns
    "All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_silkfake-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:72e74604-c3bd-491b-bc83-de67fc796679Post:88dc0001-4f25-454b-9cd5-31e2be0f2ae4">Re: Silk/fake flowers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bride to Be Consignment in Burnsville has a whole section of pre-owned wedding decor and silk flowers.
    Posted by sarahandmatthew12[/QUOTE]

We went there yesterday and they didn't have many flowers sadly. I'll probably have my mom check every once in a while to see if they get more in at all (I live in St. Cloud).

I think I'm going to use the daisies we got at Michael's. For my bouquet I found some cool extra things at JoAnn's to make mine different. We found some blue feathers to add some color to it! I'm excited to see how it turns out in the end!

Thinking I'll look again at Crafts Direct for cake toppers but if anyone has any other suggestions let me know! I don't really know what I want so I'll probably make another post at some point about it :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    H made our cake toppers, but if he hadn't done that, we probably would've gotten something fun from Etsy. There are so many creative ones out there, many are inexpensive.

This may be a long shot depending on the kind of flowers you're looking for, but I actually found some really nice flowers at Ikea. I was looking for something pretty common (red roses or something similar) that they happened to have. It may be worth a look.
  • Options
    I got mine at Michael's and I thought they were great. Here's a pic of my bouquet.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards