Ohio-Columbus
Options

Red Jewelry

Hey Knotties,

I am trying to find some jewelry with some red in them. I don't want real diamonds or rubies, but something that looks nice. I've been scouring etsy, and going to stores in person. I can't seem to find much. On etsy, it's difficult just because of the amount of things on their.

Anyone use etsy for jewelry? If so, what shop?

Also, I'm currently thinking of doing pretty, dangling earrings, maybe a bracelet, and maybe a simple necklace.

Thanks!
Andria

Re: Red Jewelry

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried the local dept stores?

http://www.moniquesboutique.us/index.html

Maybe you could contact her and ask her to make you something.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have tried some department stores. Found something I LOVED at Macys.....except it was real diamonds and rubies and was over $5000! Hahaha, figures.

I'll keep that website in mind. I had seen it before, a long time ago, but didn't remember it. Thanks :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    some red stones go by weird names:
    garnet and ruby are most precious and therefore most expensive
    less expensive stones include
    red sapphire
    bixbyte (known as beryl)
    tourmaline
    alexandrite

maybe searching these will help?
  • Options
    KellyRVTKellyRVT member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you bought your wedding rings yet? If not, you should check out Argo and Lehne, this is where we got my engagement ring. They are a mom and pop shop that's been around for like 80 years. The cool thing though is that if you buy your wedding rings there you get to borrow any piece they have in the store for your wedding day. Definitely cannot speak more highly of them and it's definitely not something larger jewelry stores offer. I also want to wear red jewelry for my wedding and I go in to check out what they have every so often (they have new pieces but they sell a lot of antique jewelry too). If you go in speak with Bob, he's one of the owners and is a really wonderful guy. And price wise, they came in slightly lower than DC for the engagement ring. 

As a side note, one of the diamonds in my engagement band had been bumped and wasn't sitting right, which was noticed when I took it in to get cleaned. I dropped it off this morning and they had it ready for me after work. No charge :) 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    sep72fendrsep72fendr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out myfantasyjewelrybox.com, glamour.com (under shopping), as well as theshoppingchannel.com, and hsn.com

I have actually found a lot of awesome stuff on there as far as jewelry goes. Also check out maybe overstock.com?
    I iz not Bridezilla.imageI iz Veloceraptor!

FOR SALE!!.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for those ideas!  I never knew what else was red besides rubies....so I have more options now :-)  You ladies are the best!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards