Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Mintahoe catering?

We are very early the in planning stages andwe are trying to narrow down some possible venues. We're planning from afar so I'm trying to learn all that I can online before we select a few places to visit in person.
There were a number of venues that I really liked that use Mintahoe as their exclusive caterer. I've been on their website and I've tried to find an idea of prices on there and using other online searches. I just want to know if I can plan something within my budget or if I should cross these venues off my list. Does know the approximate price range for dinner? Is there anyone out there with any additional feedback on them good or bad?
Thanks!

Re: Mintahoe catering?

• Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked into Nicollet Island Pavillion  -- I don't remember the price range (I want to say around $30 a plate, but I might be making that number up) but I do remember that Erica, the Mintahoe catering manager there, was really great to work with. She tried to see if she could make something work for our group, but it turned out that our group was just WAY too small for the place to make sense.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at the Minneapolis Central Library where Mintahoe is the exclusive caterer. Lisa has been great to work with!

Depending on the of your wedding the biggest conern may not be what the price per plate is but the food minimum. I had look at Nicollet Island Pavillion as well and teh minimum for Satruday nights was $13,000 when I was looking in May of last year.  Prices may have gone up.

At the time I booked entrees (or plated dinners) ranged from $27 to $40 a person. The also have these things called celebration packages, which is what we are doing that are between $30 and 36 a person. They include some appetizers for cocktail hour and a buffet.

You also have to use there alcohol. which is charged per hour (with the first hour the most expensive a person).  I think we are at about $20 a person for 4 hours.

I hope that helps. you can PM me if you want more info.
    Henry
    imageHenry Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One of my best friends has worked for Mintahoe for years, and Nicollet Island Pavillion was one of the first venues we looked at... and yeah... everything can add up to a pretty hefty price tag. Their food is usually great, and their service is fantastic... but they're not terribly budget-friendly.

I remember when we toured NIP, the girl basically crunched all the numbers and said that even on a Sunday (where the venue rental was only $895 and the food/drink minimum only $5000) that we would still be looking at a cost of at least $70 per person (and that's just for the venue, food, and beverages) especially if we wanted any part of the bar hosted. Even if the "price" of a plated meal is only $20 (I think they have a few in that range) there are still taxes, service charges, and all sorts of 'hidden' fees.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Mintahoe for our wedding and although the food was FANTASTIC and the staff was just as great the prices are no where near budget friendly. We did a plated dinner, late night pizza and brownie pops, as well as beer (2 kegs) and wine hosted (which we only paid corkage on the wine because we brought our own in) and we ended up right around $100/person total. 

Like Maybe talked about, the 'price' for our entree was $35 & $37/plate. However, there are fees in additional for the staff, as well as gratuity and taxes. So, it never ends up being exactly that. 

I'm not sure where all you are looking. But, if you would like to PM me your email address I can forward you a copy of our Final quote to give you a better break down of how much everything ended up costing us. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    AETS26AETS26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also in the early planning stages and looking into Mintahoe. Ask them to put an example proposal for you together for the venue you're looking at -- they did this for us (we haven't even toured the venue yet) and it was really helpful to see all of the service fees, taxes, etc. added into the total.
  • Options
    manineasemaninease member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It depends on where you go. If the venue uses Mintahoe exclusively there's a larger upcharge.

There buffets (only at competitive locations, higher at exclusive venues): $27 -$37 (pasta dish is the $27).

They also may charge for an event manager, or chef.

Other charges: 18% house charge (this is not the same as gratiuity or the venue catering fee)

Delivery fee.

I'm surprised you got a quote. I've requested one and they just send me there menus.

Hope this helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards