Ohio-Columbus
Options

Sound Impressions - Dominic Caminiti...has anyone used him before?

Hello ladies! I am getting married May 2013 at Scioto Reserve County Club and Dominic Caminiti is their preferred DJ with his company Sound Impressions. I am just wondering if anyone has used his DJ services or if anyone has any reviews of him since he doesn't have a website. Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks! =)

Re: Sound Impressions - Dominic Caminiti...has anyone used him before?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    No website....seriously????  He might be the best DJ ever, but I had real trouble thinking anyone was any good without a website - or any other vendor type for that matter. 

What was it about him that you've liked so far?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He is a preferred vendor for our venue, so I'm guessing they like him a lot. He uses 2 DJ's rather than just 1, so one can be on the dance floor making announcements and that sort of thing while the other is playing in the background. He is a bit expensive though, 995 for 5 hours. However, his services could go towards my venue's $15000 minimum. He also has 2 laptops, 2 external hard-drives, an ipad and his partner has an ipod. He has 85,000 songs I believe and he said he can download songs right there on the spot if he doesn't have one that someone requests. I just feel a little iffy since they don't have a website and I don't have any reviews to base my decision off, except for my venue.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would ask to see him in action, becuase from what everyone told me the DJ makes or breaks the wedding. Someone I work with said her DJ would not annouce the bridal party as they enter the reception and I have heard from other people that their DJ spends a lot of time doing unwanted talking. I would just check it out before you book.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, he did mention we might be able to come check him out when he's doing a wedding, but I don't want to be a wedding crasher! I'll just have to wait and see, and if I can't check him out in action I'll go with a different cheaper DJ like Team DJ.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, I ended up finding the website a couple of weeks after I made this post after doing some googling. It still isn't very helpful though (the website)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards