Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Mani/Pedi WHEN?

Hello:)

I'm planning on getting a mani/pedi right before the wedding, but I'm wondering WHEN is the best time.  My wedding is a Saturday afternoon.

I'd like to get it on Thursday afternoon, but I'm worried the manicure will start to chip by then. I know myself, and I'm not the most careful person on the planet.  I"m worried it'll look bad by Saturday afternoon.

Alternatively, I could get it first thing Friday morning, but I don't know how crazy Friday is going to be. Married brides, how crazy was your Friday? Is it insane to think there's time for a mani/pedi? Should I risk chipped nails and go with Thursday?

As you can see...it's down to the nitty gritty details now folks (who thought I'd ever stress about these little things)..
Thanks!
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Mani/Pedi WHEN?

• hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had mine Friday afternoon for a Saturday afternoon wedding.  I actually enjoyed having a forced hour to myself.  It helped that I went to my hairstylist who was doing my hair the next day, and she was fabulously excited for me.  A good girly time.
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would do it first thing Friday morning. It'll give you a little time to just relax and reflect on the awesomeness that is your wedding before things get crazy!
  • drdifabiodrdifabio member
    edited December 2011
    I am also planning on getting it done on Friday. But I also plan to have all my DIY stuff DONE by Friday so all I have to do that day is hang out with friends/family, do the rehearsal, RD, and get ready to get married the next day.
  • edited December 2011
    I am planning on doing mine the friday before. Just some down time before all the craziness begins!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • LuswenLuswen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm an extrmely hands-on person who can't keep her nail polish pristine for even a couple hours.

That in mind, both my FI and I are taking about an hour to get a manicure (and pedi, in my case) the afternoon before our wedding. A bit of us time, and by then I shouldn't have to do any heavy lifting or DIY stuff, so my nails should still be lookin' good.
  • edited December 2011
    I had this discussion with my Sister a few weeks ago :)  We are having our RD on Thursday night and wedding Saturday so I've decided to get mine done on Thursday, but have a little worried they won't look as nice on Saturday.  If I were you I'd do Friday.
  • LolaBelle515LolaBelle515 member
    edited December 2011
    Excellent. I'm all booked for 11am on  Friday--thanks for the advice!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Friday  morning was really busy for me - leaving the house, packing the car, etc.  I had mine done on Friday afternoon after checking into the hotel but before the rehearsal/dinner.  I invited the ladies/moms to come with if they wanted to - it was a fun experience for all of us together!
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • RTrepanierRTrepanier member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there-

I did my mani/pedi right after set up which was Friday morning for our Saturday wedding.  I am also fairly clumsy, so I wanted to have our appointments after the set-up of the venue. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards