Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Reception dance songs

Hello ladies.  I've all but deserted the Knot since they introduced the new version as I really don't like anything about it.  But alas I am back with a question. 

The wedding is in 25 days and I just wanted any input or suggestions for songs for the DJ.  We're having a band, but we're also having a DJ for the band breaks and after the band ends for the night.  So I was wondering if there are any current songs that people can think of that would be great to dance to?  Or older songs too are fine.  Just wanted some input because I just can't think of anything right now!

Thanks! 

Re: Reception dance songs

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Two words: Michael Jackson! I could have a dance party just using MJ - PYT, Rock with you, billie jean, remember the time- your options are endless.  

Also, if one of the following songs comes on I am physically unable to sit still:  "Low" by Flo Rida, "Forever" by Chris Brown (yes I know he's a douche), "Crazy In Love" by Beyonce and "Universal Mind Control" by Common.  The Common tune makes me do the robot. a really BAD robot.

And check out the itunes essentials mixes, they are always good to help get the brainstorming going.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't underestimate the power of classic but corny.  Electric slide, chicken dance (especially if you have kids there), cha cha slide, cotton eye joe...anything with a dumb dance to go with it.  Also, I love rock n roll, old time rock n roll, girls just wanna have fun, single ladies, I've gotta feeling (black eye peas) were all pretty good at ours.
  • Options
    leahluleahlu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Electric Slide and the Cupid Shuffle. Poker Face by Lady Gaga, SexyBack by Justin Timberlake, Shout, The Twist.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

not like you need to hear from me again, but I had to mention one more- "Bust a Move" by Young MC. loves it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A little Bohemian Rhapsody is always fun, too. :)
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards