Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Venue recommendations please

Hello everyone. I'm recently engaged and just starting to look into venues that can do both ceremony and reception. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or suggestions for a venue that is a little more unique and funky that isn't extremely costly. Any help would be greatly appriciated :)

Re: Venue recommendations please

• Options
    I'm not sure what your budget is, but The Embassy Suites in Bloomington and St.. Paul can do both. Also, have you checked out Five Event Center? My friend is having both ceremony and reception there next spring.
    Halloween
  • Options
    And congrats on your recent engagement!
    Halloween
  • Options
    As PP said, it depends on what your budget is, but there are many 'alternative' venues around here. Some that come to mind that aren't traditional ballrooms: Landmark Center in St Paul, Calhoun Beach Club, Varsity Theater, Profile Event Center, Millennium Hotel's top floor all glass room, Hennepin County Courthouse, Washington County Courthouse.
  • Options
    Yes, budget and approx # of guests will help with suggestions.
  • Options
    Bunker Hills Golf Course just newly built an entire new beautiful building in the last year and I know they can for sure do outdoor ceremonies and I am pretty sure they can do indoor ones. :)
  • Options
    I forgot to put my budget and guest number in the original post. My overall budget is $10,000 and we are looking at 75 ppl.
  • Options
    Profile Event Center!! I know theres lots of girls here that love PEC!!
  • Options
    I have no idea what their prices are, but you could look into the Varsity Theater or Loring Pasta Bar.

That was about our size and budget, and we also originally wanted something a little different than just a boring hotel ballroom. But in the end, we went with a hotel -- DoubleTree Park Place in St. Louis Park. It was so much simpler having everything done at one site, to not have to shop around to rent everything, and everyone was able to stay right there since it was at a hotel. Our OOT guests thanked us for that.

Good luck searching. That's kind of a difficult sized guest list to work with; most of the venues we looked at were too big or expensive to work with a group as small as ours. Or some of the mansions around town we liked could only go as big as maybe 50 or so.
  • Options
    Take Me Home Events will be hosting a bridal fair on Saturday, April 28 at the Rose Vine Hall located in Roseville.  This is a beautiful venue that would do really nicely for both the wedding and reception. 

Please let me know if you would possibly be interested in this venue. Their price range includes catering. 

Viola
  • Options
    Check out the link below.  You can sort by price, 'type', outdoor, etc.
    http://www.theknot.com/Vendors/Minnesota-Wedding-Venues/Profiles/CAR/004
  • Options
    Check out the Van Dusen mansion in Minneapolis.  They have beautiful spaces that can accomodate various size groups.  They have a gorgeous area inside the mansion- the first floor/library area, an upstairs-attic area with a neat chandelier, the event center next door, the outside couryard or the carriage house.  Jennifer is wonderful to work with and has a very accomodating schedule for tours.  Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards