Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Memorial bouquet alternatives

We are having a really small ceremony but want to honor the FI father who passed away and other who won't be with us. Any alternative ideas than the memorial bouquet?

Re: Memorial bouquet alternatives

• Options
    Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could maybe do something like a candle? Or perhaps a single rose on a chair where he would have been sitting? You could also include some text in the program if you have one, or have someone read a special poem or say a few words....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI and I went cake tasting at Dorthy Anne's bakery in Woodbury.  They seemed very nice and helpful.  One word of advice to brides-to-be, a cake tasting at 10 am with nothing else in your stomach is a terrible idea.

It might just be me, but is a cake really something to freak out about?  I mean as long as it doesn't taste like moth balls (this really happened at my FSIL's wedding)  I will consider it a success.
    PhotobucketPhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really like the idea of the candle.  You can find a bunch of them online and have them personalized.
    PhotobucketPhotobucketWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a memorial tree.  I used branches ina  vase.  Then I used scrapping supplies and made a tag with the person's picture and how they were connected to DH and I and hung those from the tree.  I didn't have it at the wedding, but at the reception venue.  It made it easy for everyone to come up tp the table and read who the people were to us.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My fiance's father also passed away and we are doing a framed picture of him and a memorial candle. I also like the idea of having the flower where the person would have been sitting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards