Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Halloween Blizzard

Where were you during the halloween blizzard of 1991? It'll be 20 years ago this Monday!

I was 4 1/2 years old and my brother was 2 and we went trick n treating, I remember being upset with having to wear boots and a winter coat, my mom managed to slip my cat costume over my coat. We walked on the snow while my dad stayed on the road and my brother sank in the snow above his head and my dad had to dig him out! I can't remember if we got any candy that year.
doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Halloween Blizzard

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was 9 and my brother was 7 that year. My dad absolutely loved taking us out trick-or-treating every year and a blizzard was not going to stop us! He carried us through the snowdrifts and we got a crap ton of candy because we were basically the only people crazy enough to go out trick-or-treating that night!

I do remember being bummed that I had to wear snowpants, jacket, hat, mittens, boots - the whole shebang - and you couldn't even see my costume (a cheerleader) by the time I got all bundled up!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    ktwagner21ktwagner21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was 5... I am an only child so I remember my mom and dad putting snow gear on all of us there was no way there that snow was going to stop us from going out.  Granted we weren't out long.  I remember going to each door unzipping my jacket to show off my sweet jasmine costume my mom had made me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I was 6 and that was they year my grandma had made me a special princess dress.  And I too was sad that I had to wear snow pants underneath and a big heavy coat on top.  All you could see was the skirt part sticking out the bottom.  Thank goodness for dress up day at school, otherwise the costume would have been a complete waste!

268 Invited image 92 Attending image 21 Declined image Still Waiting 155 image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest

http://megananderic.weebly.com/index.html
  • Options
    colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was two and lived in Germany at the time. lol So never even knew about this!
  • Options
    Sarahsue1684Sarahsue1684 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I  was 7 and me and my brothers were pulled in a sled to go trick or treating....we had a blast!
  • Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was 8 and absolutely went trick-or-treating! I don't remember what I was dressed as, but I do remember as a kid always having costumes that were warm enough in case it was cold. We lived out in the boonies and the houses didn't get many trick-or-treaters normally, so I had a sh!t-ton of candy that night!
  • Options
    MaggieandJakeMaggieandJake member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was in 1st grade, so that means I was 6.  We had just moved and so my parents took me trick or treating in both our new and old neighborhood.  I remember being really mad that I had to wear my snowpants and jacket over my costume, but I don't remember what I was that year. 
    "All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
  • Options
    jennipea382jennipea382 member
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    This means my parents have been in their house for 20 years! We moved into the house the weekend before the blizzard. I was 4 years old. If I remember right, I went trick or treating on an airplane that night because my dad worked for NWA (now Delta of course). I don't really remember much but looking at pictures I was definitely all bundled up!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh goodness you all make me feel old!  I was 11 and it was my last year of trick or treating.  My costume basically got scrapped and I went as a skiier instead.  :) 
  • Options
    FutureMrsS13FutureMrsS13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was 6!  i soo remember going trick o treating! it was so cold! my mom had to give me her shoes and she wore mine so my feet wouldnt be so cold! you can imagine how that worked out! lol :)
  • Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That ended up being my best Halloween! I was 6 and a mermaid. My mom took an old green BM dress and made it into a mermaid costume for me. Part of it was glued on boob shells. I went out that night with my friend and his dad. Our neighborhood was made up of homes on acreages with super long driveways. We got all the way to the top of on with the house on a hill when one of my "boobs" fell off. Because it was glare ice, it went sliding all the way down the driveway. I put down my bucket and it, too, went sliding down. My friend's dad about had a stroke laughing over it that night.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Me too wittyschaffy!! I was 12. I did not go out trick or treating but I remember handing candy out. My mom was worried that we'd have too much leftover so she told me to start dumping the bowl into their bags!

I also remember the dads who took their kids around also did a form of trick or treating, in the form of alcohol!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards