Ohio-Columbus
Options

vendors/site for small budget

Hi all!  
I got married in June and now I am helping my sister with her wedding.  yay!

My sister's budget for her wedding is max $10,000.  My budget was incredibly more, so I really have no clue about doing things this cheap.  I need suggestions for a venue, vendors, etc.  She will have 75-100 guests...plans to have it next July or Aug.  I already told her about Anita Kline and Flowers on springtree lane.  

TIA!

Re: vendors/site for small budget

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely do a lot of DIY, that will save you a lot of money.

Swim and Racquet Club holds 150-200 (with outdoor space) and it is 600 dollars for 4 hours and a 300 dollar security deposit, which you get back

Definitely pick up a copy of Columbus brides, it has a huge list of venues in there and their price range. You want to find a venue where you can bring your own alcohol and caterer, because that gives you a lot more options. 

We are doing Hoggys or City BBQ as our caterer, it is like 10 dollars a person and then like 20% of the total cost of food for staffing. So it is fairly cheap. 

Just do a great deal of research and you can do it! Good luck 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    10k? Must be nice. Ours is 5k. So, I can help her find really killer deals. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a smaller budget and we went with All Occasions in Delaware.  Another place that we looked at was Tall Timbers in Reynoldsburg.  It was absolutely beautful! Both places were all-inclusive! Well within that budget!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    She might want to consider doing an afternoon or non-saturday evening wedding. This will cut costs dramatically. We booked the Makoy Center for a Saturday afternoon wedding for around 100 people for around 5,000 including food and beer and wine. Good luck!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey if you are able to find a place to bring in your own catering, check out

Beth Himsworth
    http://www.criativa-catering.com/

She is a local artist who has an incredible background, we are using her and she is giving us a great deal!!! Like, $2,000 than any other caterer I looked into, and I checked out nearly everyone in Columbus.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah try to get married on a Friday, that's what we are doing. I also like Beth Himsworth and her business partner was my neighbor. We really wanted to go with them, but the venue that we had for them fell through :(, but their prices are great. Susan, the business partner, caters at my mom's school all the time and my mom is always texting me when she brings food to the school. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mistiemae11mistiemae11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check

www.jessicalovephotography.com/blog

or jessica@jessicalovephotography.com

for photography. willing to work with lots of budgets (we're going with her for 8 hours coverage for $1800, all images included!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow, good timing to get in on this post. we're going with Jessica Love Photography, too. Mistiemae - when is your wedding!!?
  • Options
    spainstaceyspainstacey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Let me also suggest Cindy Patrick with Enticing Icings for hte cake.  Her work is BEAUTIFUL her cakes are very good and I think my cake was 2.95 a slice. (MUCH cheaper than most places I saw)  ALthough I never looked at Anita Kline, so I don't knwo what her prices are. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards