Ohio-Columbus
Options

Vendor Reviews (2)

Reception - University Plaza Hotel and Conference Center - A - We found a hidden gem.  Kezia, the catering director, was so helpful!  We went with their wedding package.  For one price you get open bar, a cocktail hour with passed hors d'oeuvres, & a three course sit down dinner.  They changed their packages recently so I am not sure if they still include the champagne toast and cake cutting.  They also set up and tear down everything.  All you have to do is drop off your decorations.  It was perfect.  My only complaint was my soup was cold.  Otherwise, our guests raved about the food.  It is a big peach building, but the inside is gorgeous!

Rehearsal Dinner - Buffalo Wild Wings on Lane Avenue - A+ - We called and requested the upstairs patio and they reserved the entire upstairs for us.  The room reservation is free of charge.  We ordered off their catering menu and they did drink tickets for us.  They also had three waiters assigned to our party so we felt like VIPs.  We wanted a nice casual evening & that was exactly what we got.

Dress & Veil Pressing - Dublin Cleaners - A+ - I went to the one in Powell, but apparently all of their locations specialize in taking care of wedding dresses and veils.  The final product was beautiful.

Re: Vendor Reviews (2)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I ditto Dublin Cleaners. Yes, they have several locations now.

They did a fantastic job with the pressing and preserving of my gown and veil. Can't wait to see it again when we go home!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are thinking about BW3 on Lane too for the rehearsal dinner!  It seems like the perfect casual place.  My only concern is parking.  Was that at all an issue? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had everyone park on Curl Drive on OSU's campus.  Now that they have the pay-to-park machines, anyone can park in any space on that drive and after 6:00 pm it is a $3 flat fee for the entire evening.  The only place you cannot park is the little commuter lot right off of Curl Drive.  Then all you have to do is walk to the corner of Lane and HIgh and cross the street. 

I also found out that there is handicapped parking right behind BWW's if you have anyone with special needs.  One thing to note is that they do not have an elevator so everyone needs to be able to handle stairs.  Hope that helps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards