Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Vent - Frustration

So I have to vent to people that may be feeling what I do. I had a little blow up last night with FI. I'm getting overwhelmed with everything left to do. So FI gives me a bad time about being on the computer last night, which made me mad since I was doing wedding stuff. It all just hit me and of course started crying & went to bed. I am feeling like this is not my ideal 'wedding' situation. I don't know that I will even have a bridal shower, it seems like if I am wanting one I'll have to plan it. My sister(MOH) and my mom have really dropped the ball on this, then I realised yesterday that if I do have one my grandma, that I am really close with will not be here for it. I have no idea about a bachelorette party. Doesn't every girl dream about having a nice bridal shower & bachelorette party?! I have so much to do and have not had any help, then I'm getting asked to do things for other people & FI wants to start looking for a house to buy. I only have a month & half left! I feel like I might scream!!

Sorry so long but I feel a little better letting it all out,
image BabyFruit Ticker Created by Wedding Favors

Re: Vent - Frustration

• Options
    andielizabethandielizabeth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I guess you can tell when I'm upset I ramble. haha

• Options
    mysticatgalmysticatgal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is hard.  Do you have other girls that might want to help for shower?  I was talking to my aunt and she wanted to jump on the shower but didn't want to step on anyone's toes which had saved me from having no shower. Maybe you have relatives or friends that feel the same way.  It is a big expense for some people to get food and games/prizes, so be sensitive to that. 
    As for bachlorette, just tell girls you are doing a girls night out.  Maybe someone would take hold and make it more of a bachlorette party, but it's not hard to talk to your girlfriends about a night out. It can also be an expense to get some of the items, drinks, hotels.... just figure out what might work for you.  You can get married without either, yes it's more fun to do stuff like that but it won't ruin the wedding/marriage. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    andielizabethandielizabeth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_vent-frustration?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:98f73585-20ff-4970-bdd0-5b7552cc3995Post:151439f6-374b-4084-adf6-ddc19dcc4849">Re: Vent - Frustration</a>:
    [QUOTE]That is hard.  Do you have other girls that might want to help for shower?  I was talking to my aunt and she wanted to jump on the shower but didn't want to step on anyone's toes which had saved me from having no shower.  Maybe you have relatives or friends that feel the same way.   <strong>It is a big expense for some people to get food and games/prizes, so be sensitive to that.</strong>  As for bachlorette, just tell girls you are doing a girls night out.  Maybe someone would take hold and make it more of a bachlorette party, but it's not hard to talk to your girlfriends about a night out. It can also be an expense to get some of the items, drinks, hotels.... just figure out what might work for you.  <strong>You can get married without either, yes it's more fun to do stuff like that but it won't ruin the wedding/marriage. 
    </strong>Posted by mysticatgal[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with this! My problem is they told me they were planning on having one but the dates have changed, nothing is planned. I even offered to help with costs if I need to.

I don't feel like its effecting the wedding/marriage, I just feel bummed that this stuff is not being done when I was told they would be.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards